Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

How many photographers do you need?

I'm having a wedding with about 125 guests, ceremony in one location and the recption at another location.  I'm not sure if I should be ok with just one photographer or pay extra for a second one. Any advice or experience to share? How big does the wedding have to be before it's unmanagable by one photog?  Are the pictures you get from a 2 photographer team significantly greater and better than just the one main photographer?  If you had to choose between a second photographer and a different extra, such as a photo booth, rehearsal dinner photos, or an album, what would you pick?

I am really in need of some advice on these issues......

Thanks,
Sabrina

Re: How many photographers do you need?

• Options
    morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There were 175 guests at my daughter's wedding.  We only had 1 photographer.  She was there for 8 hours and took over 1,300 photos.

She was phenomenal and captured every moment of the day!

Are you buying the digital rights to your photos?  You can easily make a beautiful photo book at Shutterfly Mpix, etc.

A photo booth at the reception sounds like fun.

My for daughter's wedding rehearsal, I took my camera and photographed the rehearsal at the Church and took some photos at the dinner afterwards.
  • Options
    maggieiremaggieire member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

A lot of it comes down to their experience level.  I'm having a wedding about your size, and only one photographer.  She's been in the biz for many years, and is amazing....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards