Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Which chef attended station should I choose?

We have the option of 3 chef attended stations during cocktail hour. We are choosing the mashed potato bar, carving station, and are stuck on the 3rd one. Our choices are:

Pasta Station
A taste of Chinese takeout
Slider Station
Fajita Station
Scampi Station

We are also having 4 chafing stations which will probably include eggplant rollitini, a pasta, a chicken, and sausage and peppers.
Which 3rd chef attended station would you prefer?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Which chef attended station should I choose?

• You don't state what your served dinner meal is, but I'd probably opt for the station that provides the most "different" option than your other cocktail hour offerings, and also doesn't repeat something you are serving for dinner. Based on what you've listed for your other appetizer options, the Chinese or Fajita station would probably be the most "different".
  • thanks for your advice. Our dinner meals will be an option of: Chicken Francaise, Filet Mignon, or Salmon, or vegetarian
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Cocktail hour is 
    eggplant rollitini, pasta,  chicken, sausage and peppers.Mashed potatoCarving station
    and one of the following:
    Pasta Station
    A taste of Chinese takeout
    Slider Station
    Fajita Station
    Scampi Station

Dinner is:

Chicken Francaise
    Filet Mignon
    Salmon
    vegetarian

I know they do big cocktail hours in the NJ/NY area.  I had a pretty big one myself (sushi, raw bar, 7 different passed apps, cheese and veggie display).  

I would like to see something less heavy.  I would get rid of maybe the pasta dish and swap it out for a nice cheese display or bruschetta or some other lighter passed app.  Then put in the a pasta station.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I'd go with the scampi or the fajitas.
  • Omigosh can I come to your wedding!? I vote for the Chinese food or fajitas, both of those sound delish!
  • I'd skip the fajitas because it will make everyone smell like it.  Truth. 

I'd go with the scampi or the pasta station.  I agree with lynda; if you go with pasta station switch the stationary pasta out for something else. 
  • I think personally I would enjoy the scampi and Chinese stations the most, they sound like a lot of fun. I'm not sure pasta needs to be an attended station and personally sliders seem kind of overdone, although honestly I'd probably be lining up for 'em anyway. It all sounds delish!
  • Personally I'd go with scampi.

No to pasta because you have a chafing station of pasta.
    Chinese and fajitas sound delish but don't flow with your other choices.
    Sliders are fun but not my first choice.
  • I'd go with scampi. Sliders seem too casual compared to everything else, and while I love both fajitas and Chinese, I don't think they mesh with the appetizers and main courses you've chosen. And pasta seems carb-heavy since you all ready have potatoes.
    Anniversary
  • I'd go with whatever would be the lightest.  Honestly, I've been to several of these big cocktail hours and a lot of it goes to waste as it's just too much.  Either that, or people stuff themselves at the cocktail hour and don't eat much of dinner.  Either way, a lot of the food goest to waste if it's all really heavy.

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards