July 2013 Weddings
Options

Registries!

Has anyone else done a registry? I just started and finished mine in the span of a week which was a huge thing to take on! My mother booked a shower for me but the only date available was early April, so we had to get the registries done at super speed. The invites will go out today and it's very exciting to check to see if any purchases were made.

We did Macy's and Bed, Bath and Beyond. It tools about 3 trips to each store because we had to go after work each day and had limited time before closing. We also kept getting get stuck in each section that required decisions. Example: We both agreed on white dishes but I liked round and he liked square. I'm very stubborn but I actually gave in and went with the square lol The other tough decisions were "stemless vs. stemmed wine glasses" and finding luggage that was affordable but still good quality. All those things took hours!! It was stressful but now it's exciting.

Anyone else do a registry? What was your experience?
Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Registries!

• Options
    Belle0720Belle0720 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2013
    We went to one of Crate & Barrel's registry parties like a month ago...we didn't really have a game plan so it was a little overwhelming but we got a lot done and updated things online after the fact.

We're also registering at Williams-Sonoma and Macy's. We've just done small registries online for them so far but we'll go in store to add stuff, at least at Macy's for sure--we haven't registered for any linens at all and will definitely need them! :-)

It's been really fun registering, but I can't wait to see what stuff we actually get. LOL We don't live together yet so we really don't have anything for when we get our own place! My shower is in June though so I assume we have quite a while until people will actually start getting stuff from the registry. My mom did make a joking comment to me about one of the registries for only having 2 items on it lol so I'd bet people are already looking from our wedding website.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We registered at Macy's and Target. We were in Macy's for 6 hours, but finished in one trip (plus LOTS of online adjusting). We were only in Target for an hour or so, but there we just registered for some camping equipment, and mostly decorative stuff. 
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    We only did a very small one at Bed Bath Beyond. We hope people will just get us gift cards/money since all wedding related stuff will happen in PA and we live in CA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Went to Target 1st and took 2.5 hours...its was fun at 1st but then got overwhleming. 
    Then went to Macy and did a small one. 

Both times I was alone, so I think it would have been better to go with on of my MOHs.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Options
    We plan to register at Macy's and Target. Honestly, we really don't need much since we already have 2 houses full of stuff, but we feel like we have to register for something or else we will get too many frames and candlesticks. I started one yesterday with Macy's online but I'm struggling to find stuff to add to it. I already have the Kitchenaid mixer and every other kind of kitchen gadget there is. Who knew it would be so hard to pick out gifts that I want!
  • Options
    McRogolMcRogol member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2013
    We have crate adn barrel and Bed Bath and Beyond.  We did it a while ago and have been receiving gifts sporadically since December!  So fun to come home from whork to find a box waiting to be opened!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We did The Bay (I'm Canadian). We just did it this past week, and I'm still working on tweaking it online. We don't really "need" anything, it's all "wants" and upgrades since we've been living with what we currently have perfectly fine for the past 3 years. It's not a huge registry, but it's definitely enough for my shower(s), and I'll add to it after that if need be.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards