Second Weddings

Finding THE Dress the 2nd Time

I finally found THE dress. I love it. I had someone point out the dress from my first wedding gush how gorgeous it was the other day and show FFIL and FI it. She continued to go on and on about how beautiful my first wedding was and this one wouldnt compare. So it made me super self conscious to go dress shopping especially because I am having some body image issues from putting on a few pounds from breaking my leg in august.

Well, Friday my best friend talked me into dress shopping. We went to AA and I found it. The dress of my dreams. It was absolutely stunning and everything I wanted, ever. I cried when everything sank in and for the first time I felt like a bride. Like I didnt even feel like a bride for my first wedding. I felt like dress shopping was a necissary chore to get married.

Ive been having such a hard time with doing wedding stuff because I am super excited to marry FI but I feel guilty. I have been getting a lot of flack about getting remarried "so soon" but in the same breath people are complaining that we havent had kids. (I have never understood why more and more people feel better about having kids out of wedlock than getting married.)

My best friend is taking me to do a registry on Monday because she feels I should. She said with the new house, the house fire, and just moving in together people wont think its tacky if we register for things we need and she persuaded me by telling me about the completion discounts and how she gets extra off with her credit card. Im still super nervous but going to go out because I really do need some stuff for the itchen.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Finding THE Dress the 2nd Time

• I don't understand why anyone would complain to you about not having kids. I am NEVER having kids (my choice) and if someone said something to me about it, I'd respond "Ya I know, isn't it great? I have an amazing life!" My situation is probably different, though, in that it sounds like you will have kids. In that case, I'd just say that if someone says something to you, just smile and say that you cannot wait to start a family when you're husband and wife.

I think almost everyone on here has registered for their seconds. Read some of the registering posts just below this.

Anyway, Congrats on finding THE dress! It's always a wonderful feeling and definitely soak up the excitement!

• Pictures, please!
  • Pictures of the dress (with you in it) and of course register!!!

I'm very happy for you that you found a dress - that was a nightmare for me... Yay!!!

• I'm getting remarried 3 years after my divorce is finalized. I never expected my life to go this route and cannot imagine meeting anyone more wonderful than my FI. I am so looking forward to being his wife.

I think it's perfectly fine to register and whatever other "wedding-y" thing you want to do. You're a bride. It's exciting and you got it right this time so enjoy!!!!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Ill post pictures tommorow I am going with FI's friends so they can pick out their dresses so I will try it on again. We had my nephew with us when we went shopping so pictures were really hard to take with him being a wiggle butt.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yay for finding THE dress!  Such a fantastic feeling when you look in the mirror and know.  I'm so happy for you and for your joy in preparing for this marriage.  Enjoy it thoroughly!

Really, really, really looking forward to pictures!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards