Maryland-Baltimore

Maryland Themed Favors?

My FI and I live in Annapolis but we're originally from Florida... Thus, we're having our wedding in Orlando next year.  I wanted to incorporate this amazing place we live in our reception favors and am looking for some ideas.  I'm trying to think of all things Maryland and have come up with a few ideas but would love suggestions. 

So far, I'm thinking containers of Old Bay with ribbon on them and a thank you tag or personalized crab crackers... But, I know you've done fun/creative things to tie in the state that I haven't even thought of! 

Please share!!!

Re: Maryland Themed Favors?

• edited December 2011
    First thing I thought of was painted blue crab shells!!!  LOL!  I've seen a lot of christmas themed ones, but you could have them painted in whatever your wedding colors are...
    October 2011 Siggy Challenge - Wedding PreviewimageWedding Countdown Ticker

Planning Bio
  • nancyrn526nancyrn526 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could also do crab mallets or maybe Berger cookies which are amazing and most people out of state have never had them
  • edited December 2011
    You can get Berger cookies in packages of two; there is also a website where you can get chocolate in the shape of crabs, but I can't remember what the address is.
  • iamstephiamsteph member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the Berger cookies are a great idea! I'm from NC originally, and had NEVER had them until I moved here.

I went to a wedding a few years ago, where they had $2 lottery scratch-offs. Not really "Maryland" per say, but they were fun. 
    Married December 18th, 2010 :)
  • strawberrycrzstrawberrycrz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the containers of Old Bay, or the Burger cookies.  My friend did the chocolate shaped as a crab, and that was a big hit as well. 
  • jflaniganjflanigan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Totally the Berger cookies! I grew up here so I'm constantly fascinated that they seem to only be a thing in our state!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm doing chocolate crabs...we are making them ourselves, we practices last week and they turned out great! I'm super excited about them.
    BFP #1 11/27/11 EDD 08/08/12 M/C 01/27/12 12 wks 2 days
    BFP #2 04/25/12 EDD 01/04/13(?) confirmed ectopic 05/16/12 6 wks 5 days 2 doses of MTX-Lost left tube on 05/25/12 Back to TTC, earlier than originally expected.
    BFP #3 01/05/13 EDD 09/17/13 u/s 1/24/13-great appt, measuring 2 days ahead, NT scan 3/11/13
    My Blog
    My Sweet (and Spoiled) Furbaby Cali
    Photobucket

PgAL/PAL Welcome

• edited December 2011
    We had the snack sized bags of Utz Crab Chips.  Those were a huge hit.  And you can't get them everywhere.

But I agree with PPs - crab mallet, Berger cookies, old bay...
  • edited December 2011
    Besides the great suggestions above, some other ideas are:

Goetze's Caramel Creams— could also be cute (Made in Maryland)
    http://www.goetzecandy.com/

Natty Boh or Clipper City Beer

Zeke's coffe
    Married Bio!

"Life is what happens to you while your busy making other plans." -John Lennon
  • edited December 2011
    Mmmm berger cookies are just the best.  Definitely my vote!
    June 2011 Siggy Challenge: My Dress

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We did our OOT welcome bags as Maryland themed and here's what we put in them:
    - a 2-pack of Berger cookies
    - Goetz's caramel cremes
    - crab mallets (you could get them engraved with something cute like your wedding date and something Maryland-y but we didn't have the time/funds, we just tied ribbon around them)
    - 2 cans of Natty Boh beer
    - A bag of Utz's crab chips
    - 2 water bottles

We also looked into the little cans of Old Bay and mini bottles of Boordy wine
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Miss ... Mrs.
  • edited December 2011
    Such great ideas!!  I'm thrilled with all of them and will probably use most of these suggestions for our welcome bags!  With the exception of like a handful of people, everyone that will be there is from Florida so they'll love all this "foreign" stuff!

P.S. Only been living here for a year but have no idea what a berger cookie is... enlighten me on this awesomeness please!!
  • edited December 2011
    Berger cookies, definitely. If you're handy, you can get a candy mold in the shape of crabs and make your own chocolates.

I'm looking for a Maryland state-shaped cookie cutter so I can make feta crackers shaped like Maryland.
    planning

• nancyrn526nancyrn526 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you have never had berger cookies????? omg! Go to your local grocery store stat and buy some! You are missing out!!!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Berger cookies...chocolatey goodness on a cookie...literally a cookie with gobbs of chocolate on top, you barely (it at all) see the cookie.

we got our crab molds off ebay, i can't remember the sellers name, but they were pretty inexpensive and they were great. i could always sell them to you after my sept wedding.
    BFP #1 11/27/11 EDD 08/08/12 M/C 01/27/12 12 wks 2 days
    BFP #2 04/25/12 EDD 01/04/13(?) confirmed ectopic 05/16/12 6 wks 5 days 2 doses of MTX-Lost left tube on 05/25/12 Back to TTC, earlier than originally expected.
    BFP #3 01/05/13 EDD 09/17/13 u/s 1/24/13-great appt, measuring 2 days ahead, NT scan 3/11/13
    My Blog
    My Sweet (and Spoiled) Furbaby Cali
    Photobucket

PgAL/PAL Welcome

• edited December 2011
    The trend used to be 2 years ago on here that if you went to McCormick and taste-tested some of their stuff (their phone number is online, and they call you every now and then and try to get you to come) then when you are leaving, they have the little bags of Old Bay that you can grab. They are the perfect size so you don't have to buy the big spice canister of it. And people have grabbed hundreds for their OOT bags.

They also pay you! My friend went and they had him tasting chicken nuggets and hot pockets (two different times) and got paid like $50 for it!
    imageimage
    The two loves of my life
  • edited December 2011
    For those of you who mentioned the 2-pack of Berger cookies, where do you buy those? I've never seen them in a 2-pack and was thinking I'd have to repackage them myself. Thanks.
  • edited December 2011
    Vanvisa - I think they sell them at convenience stores in 2 packs. I think I've seen them in Royal Farms.
    imageimage
    The two loves of my life
  • edited December 2011
    Yea Royal Farms or Highs. The little stores usually have them in the 2-packs.

csspencer - how much would you want for your molds when you are done with them? I would love to buy them from you!
    KStar Design.com
    Fluffy
    ***TTC Buddies w/ Monkey1018 & TTC/GP BFF w/ Jeep Doll***
    **GP Lucky Charm: TheDeatons**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards