Arizona-Phoenix

Married! Vendor Reviews.

I just got married on the 14th.  Here are my reviews:

Photography: Van Rensburg Photography
Grade: A+
Not only did Clive work with our budget, he also had a 2nd photographer with us so that we could get in as many shots as possible.  He was very fun to work with and I definitely recommend him.

Flowers and Decor: Flowers By Amy/Elegant Receptions (same lady)
Amy's prices were very reasonable, and I was really impressed with the way the decor and flowers turned out!  While most companies charge $600 JUST for lighted ceilings, she charged me $600 which covered the ceilings as well as the entire room decor.

Hair: Kari Johnson
Kari did a great job with my hair and even offered to go above and beyond when I had a cake delimna.  She has been doing wedding hair for (I believe) 17 years and was able to work with me to bring my desired hairdo to its full potential.

Cake: Basha's/Safeway
Grade: D/B+
The Basha's I went to had great reviews.  When I visited them months ago about cakes, I was informed that I needed to order just 1 week in advance.  I ordered my cake 2 weeks beforehand and was told that my cake would be ready for pickup the night before the wedding.  Well, when I went to pick it up, I found out that THEY DIDN'T EVEN MAKE THE CAKE.  The bakery manager came in and was very apologetic; she assured me that the cake would be ready by 3 at the latest the next day.  My fiance actually called and complained to the manager of the entire Basha's; this guy said the cake would be ready at noon.  When my fiance and his dad went to pick up the cake, it was "leaning, had crooked frosting, and was so ugly" that my fiance refused to pay a cent for it.

My fiance then went to Safeway, who was able to quickly whip up a modest cake on the spot and charged only $40.  The cake wasn't anything spectactular but was pretty good considering the on-the-spot order.  (It tasted good, too, which is always a plus.)

Dress: Arizona Bridal
Grade: A
This bridal shop was always quick but thorough with both the cleaning and steaming.  The staff is friendly and knowledgeable. 

Veil: Etsy - UnderTheVeil
Grade: C
Before I ordered my veil, I asked this seller how fast she could get the veil to me.  She was quick to reply and told me I would receive it within "one week, no problem", so I ordered the veil that same day.  10 days later had passed with no sign of the veil, so I asked for the tracking number.  She told me to look on my paypal receipt, as it should be listed there.  8 more days had passed, and it was then 8 more days until the wedding.  I sent her another message telling her that I had still not received my item and that I was kind of freaking out since my wedding was the following Saturday.  She apologized and assured me that it would be there by Monday - and she finally followed through.  That same day, she express-shipped the veil and I received it on Monday. 

DJ: Elliot Miller
Grade: B
Elliot gave me a great price, always had the music going, and accomodated us with our requested songs.  For the most part, he played songs that were our style.

Re: Married! Vendor Reviews.

• Congrats!  Would you mind sharing Kari's information?  I am looking for hairstylists as we speak! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_married-vendor-reviews?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:71Discussion:802c47b4-d35e-4e70-b37f-c331168ff9f5Post:6039a601-35f8-47d7-b97c-03cf7214fe80">Re: Married! Vendor Reviews.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats!  Would you mind sharing Kari's information?  I am looking for hairstylists as we speak! 
    Posted by Tulip81[/QUOTE]

Just PM'd you. =)
  • Congrats :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
    RSVP Deadline: February 28th
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards