September 2012 Weddings

whoa - a little hard to breathe.

We met with the architect last night for a preliminary discussion regarding the renovations to FMIL's house (soon to be our family home). The meeting went very well and we were all very impressed with him, his work and his ideas. I did however start to feel my heart picking up its pace when he started asking about what kind of cabinets I envisioned for the kitchen and if I wanted a double or single standing shower in our en suite... jeepers, I'm already planning a wedding!! I've been really calm with all the wedding planning and I'm the type of person who always juggles several things at once so I didn't expect to feel that overwhelmed.We're looking at 400K+ renovation and that alone freaks the hell outta me let alone picking tiles! haha
Only 2.5 years ago I was barely getting by at a job I loved but offered no security (or real pay) and now I'm planning a big wedding and major renos. It makes me a little uneasy even though it's all good things! FI's mom is giving us the house, so the money we make selling ours will go towards the renos, and we'll be left with a much smaller mortgage than if we'd buy a single home ourselves. Plus, FI won't have to care for 3 properties (ours, his moms and the cottage) by having his mother live in a granny flat off the house. It's a great opportunity but it's just a lot to take on all at once. We're looking at having all the renos done within 2 years; we will try to sell next spring so that we aren't living in renos.Oh and did I mention kids? Oh ya, we're planning on starting to try next Spring too... HELLO ANXIETY!!!
invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: whoa - a little hard to breathe.

• We met with the architect last night for a preliminary discussion regarding the renovations to FMIL's house (soon to be our family home). The meeting went very well and we were all very impressed with him, his work and his ideas. I did however start to feel my heart picking up its pace when he started asking about what kind of cabinets I envisioned for the kitchen and if I wanted a double or single standing shower in our en suite... jeepers, I'm already planning a wedding!! I've been really calm with all the wedding planning and I'm the type of person who always juggles several things at once so I didn't expect to feel that overwhelmed.We're looking at 400K+ renovation and that alone freaks the hell outta me let alone picking tiles! hahaOnly 2.5 years ago I was barely getting by at a job I loved but offered no security (or real pay) and now I'm planning a big wedding and major renos. It makes me a little uneasy even though it's all good things! FI's mom is giving us the house, so the money we make selling ours will go towards the renos, and we'll be left with a much smaller mortgage than if we'd buy a single home ourselves. Plus, FI won't have to care for 3 properties (ours, his moms and the cottage) by having his mother live in a granny flat off the house. It's a great opportunity but it's just a lot to take on all at once. We're looking at having all the renos done within 2 years; we will try to sell next spring so that we aren't living in renos.Oh and did I mention kids? Oh ya, we're planning on starting to try next Spring too... HELLO ANXIETY!!!
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards