Pennsylvania-Central

Catholic Retreat

Has anyone done the spend the day with the Harrisburg Diocese its called "god's plan" just wondering what to expect..We are doing ours this Saturday and its all day 8:45-330pm..Just wondering what we are doing all day..thanks
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Catholic Retreat

• We did ours in February. Mainly it was just the instructor talking about love, marriage and having children. There is a workbook they give you to work through (the instructor gave us the answers) and there is a video they put in. The video was kind of boring, but we were able to eat lunch during it. Each couple receives 2 workbooks, another book and a copy of the videos to take home. We also got done around 1:30 which was nice. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-central_catholic-retreat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:107Discussion:99d8149f-5840-45f7-861d-749a5693e7cbPost:fa8b7d81-c062-4d26-8f3d-8c1214686ba5">Re: Catholic Retreat</a>:
    [QUOTE]We did ours in February. Mainly it was just the instructor talking about love, marriage and having children. There is a workbook they give you to work through (the instructor gave us the answers) and there is a video they put in. The video was kind of boring, but we were able to eat lunch during it. Each couple receives 2 workbooks, another book and a copy of the videos to take home. We also got done around 1:30 which was nice. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me.
    Posted by ncd5015[/QUOTE]

<div>hey thanks pretty much what i was looking for...It said 845-330pm..hopefully ours is done early too..Since the place we picked is 1hr away..thanks again!!</div>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Was wondering this myself! We can't do a Saturday as both of us work, so they break them into two 6-9 p.m. sessions at night that we'll have to go to. Thanks for the insight, ncd.
  • We attended in March at the York location. It was a long day, but we got finished about 45 minutes early. We loved our instructor, who was at deacon at the parish. He and his wife ran the class. A huge plus was he was funny, and we got Isaac's for lunch! They also had a very nice breakfast spread when we got there.Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Started dating: 10/25/05 My 21st birthday & our engagement: 3/13/10 The first day of the rest of our lives: 6/9/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards