Hawaii

Olowalu Plantation House :) :)

Alloha,

I have spent hours and hours looking for the perfect location (I was getting a little obsessed in looking for venues …. ja ja ja ja  ) but finally the FI and I have finally decided for Olowalu Plantation House ;);) Its a little expensive for our budget but I just can't imagine having the wedding some were else.

Any tips our ideas for this location???

Re: Olowalu Plantation House :) :)

• edited February 2012
    Congrats!  This is probably the top forum pick for venues -- you really can't go wrong. Every wedding that I've seen there has been beautiful!
  • Yay! I was convinced when I saw photos online but my FI wasn't until we did a site visit. That's when he knew! It's an amazing site. So much to be creative with. You have to keep in mind that you are bringing everything in, so costs can add up fast. For us, we decided to have our wedding on a weekday, which lowered the cost by a good chunk. That's my suggestion. Other than that, minimal ceremony decor since the ocean provides such a beautiful backdrop. HTH and congrats on finding the perfect venue for you two!
    DW Siggy Challenge
    Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are booked into Paradise Point in Kapalua...almost the exact same as yours...grass beach front home, just a different style of home, almost same cost though ugh lol. 
    We have 2 months till the big day.  The big hurdles that we finally jumped over were menu selections, rentals, and ceremony music.  We struggled with our cupcakes as well.  We want to avoid renting a tent because they are INSANELY expensive ($1000).  We have 75 guests coming, so lets just say our budget was shot several months ago lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congrats it is a wonderful venue.  There are so many directions that you can go with at Olowalu.  Several brides have had their wedding there.  Mauidandy, Kaesha, AKwinterbride, Sunshineylees are some I can name off the top of my head.  If you can find their planning bios you could get some ideas.  Good luck!
  • Yes, I was an Olowalu bride!  Feel free to PM me if you  have any questions!
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • Congratulations! Great choice, girl! I agree with the girls that things definitely do add up fast, but as far as decor- you don't need much. The venue really does speak for itself. I also agree that planning on a weekday may help lower costs. Ours is planned for a Wednesday since weekends were already booked by the time I inquired. The brides that have gotten married there have so many wonderful ideas and are so inspiring- definitely check out their bios!! They are all so unique too, which I love about them!  I added some of my scouting pics of Olowalu to mine as well, if you'd like to check those out to get a better picture! :)
  • Me too! We were just married there 3 wks ago...let me know if you have any questions...Olowalu is amazing!!
    Lees
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We got married at Olowalu 2½ years ago. It's totally amazing.
  • Thanks Ladies !!!!!

Our first 3 choices for the dates our already booked LOL but its ok we can be flexible with the dates.   
  • It's been a while since you posted.. but I hope you chose Olowalu.  Hubby and I married there in 2004.  I still fawn over our photos and video.  Most beautiful location.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards