Second Weddings

Tricky guest list

Hi all...New to The Knot and new to post, so here goes nothin'!  I am at a loss right now.  My fiance and I just got engaged - I'm talking 2 weeks ago!  We're thinking about getting married next April, and we'd like to do it where we live.  We've both been married before, had the big to-do, and really don't want to do it again.  We want something small intimite (and relatively inexpensive).  I have a couple dilemmas.  First is our entire family lives in Pittsburgh, PA, while we live down here in Hampton Roads.  We love it here, we've been here about 6 months, but it's our home now, and we can't imagine going back to Pittsburgh for the big day.  With that all being said, we're struggling with whether or not it's appropriate to ask all involved to drive 8 and 1/2 hours here instead of us coming to them.  Second dilemma: I have a large family - aunts, uncles, cousins galore - but we want to keep the day small.  We wanted to limit the guest list to just siblings, parents/grandparents, and very close friends.  My concern is how parents will feel if friends are invited, but not the aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.  Neither of us care whether the "extended" family is there, but we could not imagine having the day without a select few friends.  What do we do?  HELP!

Re: Tricky guest list

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards