Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Honeymoon in Cape Cod

Hey ladies! My fiance and I were thinking about renting a cottage or a beach house for our honeymoon in Nov. We want to be able to take our dogs with us. I want to take a day trip to Boston one of those days. Where do you suggest we stay in Cape Cod so that we have an easy time traveling to Boston one of those days but at the same time have things to do in Cape Cod. Thanks in advance!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
11/11/11

*Make A Wish*

Re: Honeymoon in Cape Cod

• Options
    BunsCheer03BunsCheer03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Id recommend staying in Falmouth, its not too far to Boston or to Provincetown, yet you will still get the main street & having things open that you wont get in Sandwich,  Bourne or Mashpee which are also a good distance. Falmouth is also an easy day trip to Marthas Vineyard.
  • Options
    Smile1114Smile1114 member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!!!
    11/11/11

*Make A Wish*
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I live in Falmouth, so specific areas I'd recommend are Woods Hole, North and West Falmouth and Sippiwissett - not so much Hatchville or East Falmouth. Stacey's right that many other towns close a lot of their businesses on Columbus day weekend for the season.
  • Options
    Smile1114Smile1114 member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the heads up!
    11/11/11

*Make A Wish*
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Agree with the Falmouth rec, plus wanted to add that there is a good dog boarding facility in East Falmouth. I know you want them to stay with you, but at least you have the option to board them or put them in day care if you make a day trip to Boston and you won't have to rush home to take them out. It's called Cape Cod Pet Resort, or something like that. We had to board my dog there for our wedding and it was nice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards