Wedding Woes
Options

These COLORS are killing me...

I am so stuck when it comes to colors. Everything I like, I feel won't match the style of my dress.I really wanted black, white, and a bright yellow...but I don't feel that it goes well. I do want color, just can't decide on what.

My dress is all lace with a very light ivory sash around the waist. It makes me feel like my dress is too formal. The wedding is in August. What can I do?

Any suggestions????

Re: These COLORS are killing me...

• Options
    SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Its a good thing that white and ivory go together.. with everything! I think you are overthinking this. black and white with yellow accents could be formal or informal, depending on how you use them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're seriously overthinking it. If you want black white and yellow go with black white and yellow. It's not the colors, it's what you do with them. Yes, that dress is too formal if you plan on having rubber duckies as your decorations.

I have googled black white and yellow wedding pics for you.

^Does this look like rubber duckies to you?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    swtasaswtasa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's more the setting that set the look then the colors themselves. It also depends what you set more as the main color. If you do black with white and yellow accents or white with black and yellow accents it will give a much more upscale look :-)

But I love that dress it is totally gorgeous!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of your input...I guess I should have been a little more descriptive. I just didn't want to have black bridesmaid's dresses...but I didn't think the yellow dresses would look so great. I might just have to do black dresses with yellow flowers if I really want those colors.

swtasa...you were very helpful :) Thanks for the positive spin on things, lol
  • Options
    felicia220felicia220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are looking for formal, black dresses will be better.  Also remember that your bridesmaids have to be seen in public in whatever dress you pick, yellow is a tough color for a lot of people and if I were you I would want my bridesmaids to look amazing and happy.  I think generally women are comfortable in black, yellow???I 'm not so sure of.  I am going to through something really crazy at you but just food for thought, what about white bridesmaids dresses (with a black or yellow sash, or both), I know that everyone says your not suppose to do that, but I have seen some really nice bridal party pics with them in white and it looks awesome! I am only having a Matron of Honor (my mother) and my little cousin as a flower girl.  I am trying to convince my mom to wear white, it just looks classy. Well like I said food for thought, then you can have white with black and yellow accents. (and they won't be sweating from the heat of August in a black dress)
  • Options
    HinajHinaj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As to what the PP said, I did see a pic like that....

Also you can always to black bridesmaid dresses with a yellow sash. so it is just not a black dress.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have to ask, who is your dress by?  I love it, exactly the style I was looking for....thanks!
    Anniversary Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011

It's by Maggie Sotero, I think the style name is Karina :)

• Options
    clseale13clseale13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree w/everything the PP's said. I like the idea of the black dresses and yellow flowers. Of course that might be because my girls are wearing black cocktail dresses. They have black dresses and their flowers are white anemones (if you haven't seen them...they're a pretty white flower w/a black center) w/green hydrangea, orchids and green hypericum berries. I love how the colors pop against the black. GL! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    JHS16JHS16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First, I LOVE your dress!  You look fabulous in it. 

Second, why don't you tie the BM's dresses to yours with a similar sash?  You could use the same color ivory sash with either yellow or black, IMO.  
  • Options
    jroseberjroseber member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you should keep the original colors you wanted
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards