May 2012 Weddings
Options

Those of you with Thumbprint tree guest books...

What size tree did you get in relation to how many guests you are expecting?

We found a tree we like on Etsy. She just provides us with the PDF file, and then we print it.
Our guest list is about 110. The size options are a tree that holds up to 80 thumbprints. Or a tree that holds up to 140. A big difference!
I asked the seller and she suggested going with the bigger tree and just filling it in with FI and I's thumbprints after. But we are unsure if we think this might be too big.

After all, not everyone will leave a thumbprint possibly. Or they will give one thumbprint for 2 people. We were thinking of waiting until we have our RSVPS back (she gets the file to you in about 48 hours after ordering) and then going from there.

Thoughts?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Those of you with Thumbprint tree guest books...

• Options
    I think you should wait until closer to the wedding...you'll probably be able to go with the smaller tree.
  • Options
    I would lean towards the 80. If you're inviting 110 you'll probably get 95-100 people. Squeezing an extra 15-20 thumbprints into the white space shouldn't be a problem. And your right, everyone might not do it. I would also feel weird about filling the space with FI & my thumbprints. 
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I am sending 125 invites- I have a 16x20 tree. 
    Also, google thumbprint tree template and there are some you can download for free. I uploaded mine to Vistaprint and got it for about $8. 

Cool
    Created by Wedding Favors
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_those-of-you-with-thumbprint-tree-guest-books?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:45332667-ce9c-4431-9900-cdb74c28213aPost:c0c93565-3aab-41cf-ab2f-79bfeaa8c662">Re: Those of you with Thumbprint tree guest books...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am sending 125 invites- I have a 16x20 tree.  Also, google thumbprint tree template and there are some you can download for free. I uploaded mine to Vistaprint and got it for about $8. 
    Posted by amiehipkins[/QUOTE]

Thanks Amie. This is actually the same dimensions as the one that holds 80 signatures we were looking at!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards