Christian Weddings
Options

Job Interview Thurs - part one

Hey ladies - I have a pre-interview for a job that is on the top of my list on Thursday.  If all goes well with this interview, I'll be able to talk with the principal.  FI's family actually knows the superintendent and the principal of the school system and the school, and I don't know if that helps me at all, but I am sure HOPING that it does at least get me into the principal's door for an interview.  Pray that God helps me to be the teacher I was before I took this last 3-month job ... a creative, passionate, and organized teacher ... and to show that during the interview!  My current job just really is sucking the life out of me as a person and as a teacher, and I NEED to have the prospect of another position lined up for August.

Any prayers you could include for me would be amazingly helpful on Thursday at 11am!!!! :-)
July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!

Re: Job Interview Thurs - part one

• Options
    edited December 2011

So exciting!  I'm praying that it all works out!  I know how much you have disliked this current job.

image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    good luck!! Will be sending some prayers up for you!

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Options
    kitkat610kitkat610 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How exciting! I will be praying for you and esp Thursday morning.
    You are obviously a dedicated teacher, and I am sure they will see that!
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad you have an interview, even if it is just a pre-interview! You will definitely be on my heart and mind on Thursday.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Praying!!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aw, thanks ladies!!!!!  It means SO much to me to have this group of prayer warriors I can turn to for that extra boost of support!!! :-)

I leave for the overnight spot (FI's family's home tonight) around 4:45pm today, expect to arrive there around 9pm if traffic isn't too bad, and then get to SLEEP IN!!!  WOOT!   Because their house is about 40 minutes from the district administration office, and my interview isn't until 11am.  I'm a bit nervous, but I'm going to bring with me the book I always read again before going to interview -- Robert Duke's "Intelligent Music Teaching" which is how I USED to teach before being in this prison cell of a school ... haha!

~ kelly
  • Options
    fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Praying everything goes well and for obvious closed or open doors!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sure you already know this, but if it's a 40-minute drive, try leaving at 50 minutes or an hour out.  If you get lost, you're still covered.  If you don't get lost, you're early, and that's a good sign to an interviewer!  :D
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good luck Kelly! Let us know how it goes! I will say a prayer. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Update ... the interview went well, the lady in HR REALLY liked me, and I asked about the time frame for the school-level interview (part two of the process) and she called the principal and had me go to meet him!  He didn't have time for the interview today, but I think I made a good impression.  Or at least I hope I did.  They really liked my qualifications (etc), so maybe this one will have a positive turnout.  I'll know probably Tuesday or Wednesday next week if I am going to get a call back to go in and interview next Friday (the 3rd). 

Also, in other good news... I found another opening and should be receiving a call next week to schedule the interview or have the over-the-phone HR interview.  We shall see.  I don't want to get my hopes up but I do feel good about the interview I had today as well as the other location I have found with an opening.  Got to see what else is out there too, though, not putting all of my eggs in one basket just to find out that I have gambled poorly!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Woohoo!  Glad to hear that things went well!  Keep us updated!
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

• Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad to hear that it went well today!  Hopefully God will put you in the right job and everything will just fall into place perfectly.
  • Options
    twixinthemixtwixinthemix member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good luck!!! I know you'll do great!  My dream job along with several other good music position jobs are open in my current area, but because I'm moving after the wedding, I can't apply.  I hope God will be opening the right doors for you!

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Erin has read 1 book toward her goal of 25 books.
    hide
    Follow Me on Pinterest Married Bio and For Sale! Updated 12/23
    "And now you stand before me today, and with all my heart I say, that you are God's miracle to me." June 18th, 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards