New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Review question!!!

I went to a venue yesterday and I liked it very much.  I didn't see anything online about it but happened to stumble upon it.  First impression was great, it had everything we are looking for, attached to a hotel, budget friendly, had a warm feeling about it, somewhat casual, etc.  I really want to book it but when I read some reviews on the hotel itself they were terrible.  I looked at a room and it looked clean to me but maybe I overlooked it because I wanted this venue to work.  How close should I pay attention to these reviews? None of them had anything to do with a wedding taking place at the venue..

Re: Review question!!!

• Options
    I'm sure you can't believe every review you read but, i personally, am heavily reliant on reviews. there's always going to be a few bad ones but if bad ones are all you're getting, i think it's probably a bad sign. good luck with your search!
  • Options
    you could also ask about it on this board
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://catskill.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_review-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:b6fea726-f663-465e-94ee-d6f4a2a144b8Post:722ef97f-f439-4678-bdc5-14ec492cbc9b">Review question!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went to a venue yesterday and I liked it very much.  I didn't see anything online about it but happened to stumble upon it.  First impression was great, it had everything we are looking for, attached to a hotel, budget friendly, had a warm feeling about it, somewhat casual, etc.  I really want to book it but when I read some reviews on the hotel itself they were terrible.  I looked at a room and it looked clean to me but maybe I overlooked it because I wanted this venue to work.  How close should I pay attention to these reviews? None of them had anything to do with a wedding taking place at the venue..
    Posted by acerrone[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Location, budget and comfort are important. More important is the service you need to receive. Also, have they hosted other weddings>? May I ask what the venue is?</div><div>Where in the Hudson Valley are you looking>? Have you seen Cold Spring Lodge ?

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards