Jewish Weddings

finding, interviewing Rabbis

excuse me this one minute to gush : I now been offically engaged for a week , Beutiful ring, boh sets of parents overjoyed, FI mother going nuts in isreal buying things including ( a tallis, kippah etc... you know the traditional gift from the brides family to the groom)  i told her to buy me some head covers.  It was announced at my parents shul and people were flocking my dad asking questions.

now the fun begins and I don know where to start , my FI demand list went from 4 things to having an opionion of everything. Trying to talk me out of a lo of stuff and to be mindful of my parents means and his mom being a Debbie Downer saying a lot of her family wolnt come becouse they are broke.

I really right now want to pin down a venue and find the offiant which will really dictate my selection of everything else. Im in College Park MD, near siver spring having the hardest time finding the happy medium that I can have my traditional jewish wedding with a few add ins and have a rabbi that not anti Orthedox... I grew up modern orthedox even though im now more conservative but I dont like it when an rabbi bad talks orthedox jewdism ( i went to a shul and the rabbi whole speech was just about how wrong orthedox jewdism is )

Any reccomondations of a good jewish community in the area.

Re: finding, interviewing Rabbis

• Mazal tov.  I have been living in that area for almost a year.  We haven't been great about trying different shuls, but I do like Tifereth Israel (on 16th Street, right over the DC/MD border on the DC side, very close to Silver Spring).  It is conservative egal, and I thought the rabbi seemed nice and non-judgmental.  There's an orthodox shul across the street, but I have not been there.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards