Michigan-Grand Rapids

Ceremony Location in Grand Rapids Area - Help!

Hi all!

My fiance and I are planning a wedding for September 2013.  The reception is going to be at The Bissell Tree at the John Ball Zoo.  I would like to find a ceremony spot in the Grand Rapids (or neighboring) area.  I am open to just about anything - indoor, outdoor, church, etc.  We have non-demonational religious views (have attended Kentwood Community Church in the past) and have a pastor friend to marry us. Now we just need the perfect ceremony site!  Any suggestions?  Thank you!

Re: Ceremony Location in Grand Rapids Area - Help!

• have you tried GVSU?
  • I have a friend who just had their ceremony on the blue pedestrian bridge downtown. You can reserve the space to block off for I think an hour, it was very cool!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-grand-rapids_ceremony-location-in-grand-rapids-area-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:95Discussion:4f24fcfb-857b-4d2d-88d9-d8b099e38ffePost:aa1459f7-f6bf-4316-8ce0-28bcae20a1c0">Re: Ceremony Location in Grand Rapids Area - Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]have you tried GVSU?
    Posted by rodrigupWed59048[/QUOTE]

<div>Where at GVSU did you have in mind? I went there but wanted to see if you knew of a secret ceremony location. :)</div>
  • edited November 2012

You can also do it in Ah nab awen park, check with the City parks department they have a few locations you can use.  I have friends who have done it there.   Also Kuyper College off beltline has a very cute chapel they rent, and you would need to provide your own pastor.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-grand-rapids_ceremony-location-in-grand-rapids-area-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:95Discussion:4f24fcfb-857b-4d2d-88d9-d8b099e38ffePost:cd5ae5cc-dc36-4bb0-ba72-cc2453bfffd1">Re: Ceremony Location in Grand Rapids Area - Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ceremony Location in Grand Rapids Area - Help! : Where at GVSU did you have in mind? I went there but wanted to see if you knew of a secret ceremony location. :)
    Posted by berenskiel13[/QUOTE]

we are having ours at the cook dewitt center but you can also use the alumni house. for an outdoor ceremony i would definantly recommend the arboratum
  • We are having our reception at the Bissell Tree House as well.  Our ceremony is at East Congregational Church in East Grand Rapids - not too far from the treehouse.  - East Cong. has a nice sanctuary and a beautiful chapel.  The church also has a lot of pretty buildings and flowers for photos.  It is non denominational.  I know the zoo also has done ceremonies on the deck at the treehouse and then had the reception inside.  Good luck! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards