Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Transportation from Church to Reception

Hello!  We are looking for transportation from the Church to the reception and are having a hard time finding what we want.  We originally wanted to book the trolley here in DSM and recently found out that after December it is no longer going to be in commission.  Our wedding is in May.  I am so bummed!  I want something large enough that will accomodate our wedding party, ushers, and personal attendants.  There will be approx. 19 of us.  I would prefer having the option to sit or stand.  I really don't want to have to squeeze into something with my big dress and be forced to sit on top of someone.  I know there are party buses out there and I have nothing against them, but would prefer to keep those for the bachelorette party.  Do any of you have any suggestions to offer?  I would greatly appreciate them!  Thank you!!!

Re: Transportation from Church to Reception

• Options
    mschwammschwam member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We also wanted to use the trolley and were bummed when we found out it was no longer going to be available. We ended up going with one of Trans Iowa's charter buses. I felt it was a little more classy than a party bus, but it could still hold our entire wedding party, plus guests. We've been to weddings where dates were also offered transportation and really appreciated this. The rates were the best I found for similar buses and they can configure the seats in one of the buses to include tables to make it a little more open. There is an extra fee to to do this though. Hope this helps! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards