New Jersey
Options

Hello ladies! Valley Regency?

Hello ladies, my name is Janelle and I got engaged 3 weeks ago.. I'm ready to book a venue for my reception-- I'm 99% sure it will be at the Valley Regency in Clifton... It has absolutely everything that I could possibly want in a reception site. I'm looking to get married 8/26/11... They gave us a price of $120/plate plus grat and tax-- totalling $152.40/plate (minimum 150/person for friday nite)... This doesnt include viennese table or anything extra... but includes 5hr party, open bar, amazing cocktail hour... Does anyone have any experience with Valley Regency and if they would come down on the pricing at all, or throw anything in for free? Thank you ladies, I'm so excited to be a member of the knot finally! Laughing
TTC #1 since May 2012; Diagnosed with septate uterus July 2012 image

Re: Hello ladies! Valley Regency?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    welcome! no experience with valley regency but what is your invite number - make sure you take into account a percentage of no responses when committing to a 150 minimum - we invited 258 and it is looking like 195 for the final number.
    Good luck!
    M-43 DOR (FSH 20 AMH 0.16, AFC 4-6) Endo stage III DH-42 (low everything)
    TTC #1 unofficially since 6/09, officially since 10/10
    6/11 RE testing,rt tube blocked with hydro, 8/11 lap surgery rt tl
    IVF#1 10/11 Estrace,450 Follistim, 15 units low-dose HCG, DHEA - cancelled (only follie growing)
    IVF#2 started stims 11/4/11 - same protocol, increase in concentration of HCG, added CoQ10, no response, cancelled on CD 12
    12/2/11 began accupuncture; Break in Dec. Next cycle anticipated in Jan.
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did not look at the Valley Regency myself, but speaking in general with vendors there is always something they can do on the price. They might be able to come down by taking something out you don't need, or, if you want all that they offer then say that you will do it but that they have to throw x,y,z in there.

150 person minimum is a pretty hefty commitment...be sure you will reach that number because I do not think you want to spend $22,000+ on less than 150 people.

---The Nest makes me wanna---
    imageimage
    ---Started TTC 12/1/11---
    Cycle 1 - 13 BFN
    Cycle 14 Surgery complete! BFP on 2/27/13!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC buddies with sparklingdiamond and amandaf6383
  • Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That doesnt sound like a deal to me. Kind of pricey, but that may be your thing. And not to include a Viennese hour at that price point? hmmm  Also that is a high minimum. Remember in this economy its cheaper to decline and just send a card.  Just a thought.
  • Options
    missdonnaannemissdonnaanne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I met with them I got I lower price for a friday night, for a year after your wedding. I'd def. try to work on that price, or at least get somethings thrown in ;)
  • Options
    goaliegirlgoaliegirl member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I have been to several weddings at the Valley Regency and they were all very good.   The food was outstanding and the cocktail hour was ridiculous, it was so much food!

That being said, I don't think that is an unreasonable price for a Friday night in August at that venue.   And personally, I don't think 150 is a very high minimum if you are inviting over 200 people.     You might try to negotiate with them to lower the price or even throw in some extras, but I don't think you go wrong with the Valley Regency.
  • Options
    LolyalyssaLolyalyssa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is a little too high of a price for Valley Regency.  For that price they should be giving you a Viennese.

It's about $20 too high per head, especially for a Friday night.

That's what I'm paying at Season's for Sunday night of Labor Day weekend 2011 including a full Viennese and 125 min.  (FYI)

If you push the wedding a little later (like into 2012), you may get a better price.

(I booked Sept. 2011 in Nov. 2009)
  • Options
    kellybee83kellybee83 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I attanded a wedding at the Valley Regency at the end of July.  The cocktail hour was awesome...such a extensive spread of food.  I really liked the ballroom, very elegant, but not over the top.  The only thing I really didn't like was the venetian hour.  It was back in the cocktail reception room.  They didn't announce it, but we noticed that many of the people had left the ballroom.  The seating was still there and pretty much everyone ate their dessert in that room and hung out there for a while.  You couldn't even hear the dj.  There was a ton of dessert, and it was all very good, but music is so important to me, that I wouldn't have included the venetian hour.  It's a personal preference.  I know you said you aren't planning on doing it, but just something to think about in case you were.  Or to make you realize that you aren't missing out by not having it!
    I had to guarantee 175 for a Friday night at my venue, (most of the places I looked at had a guarantee of 150 or more) so I don't think that's unreasonable.  As far as pricing, if they aren't willing to negotiate with the package as is, maybe they will be willing to go lower if you remove a station during cocktail hour.  We removed one and it lowered the price $10pp, and we still have PLENTY of food.

Good luck!  Signing the contract is super exciting!

Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LaughingThank you all so much for your input!!! I really appreciate it, and my fiance and I are heading over to the Valley Regency in a couple hours! I am definitely going to try to get the price down, or at least get something thrown in if they can't lower the price... Hopefully it works out and we will be putting a deposit down today! Oh and it's my birthday too, so it would be amazing to book our wedding today!!
    TTC #1 since May 2012; Diagnosed with septate uterus July 2012 image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards