New Hampshire

Hello Friends....

How was everyone's holiday? No one has been around here for a while... and Im bored so answer some questions for me. I presume that we have a few newbies... so feel free to reveal yourself and answer some questions too... 

Hope everyone had a nice holiday... (whatever it may be that you celebrate, if anything) 

If you got presents, what was your favorite?

Big plans for New Years? 

What is your New Years Resolution??

Its boring around here, so ...post people! 

Re: Hello Friends....

• dls.1215dls.1215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you got presents, what was your favorite?Kitchen bowls and mugs off our registry (We just got our 1st apt and needed mixing bowls badly!)
    Big plans for New Years? Not that I know of yet!
    What is your New Years Resolution??Hmm I haven't thought of one.  I want the cliche "lose weight and work out more" but part of that is my 1st dress fitting is Jan 11th!
    April 2010 January SC - Favorite Picture from the Holidays
    DH & I at the Light Festival

Anniversary

PersonalMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    If you got presents, what was your favorite?  got a few small things, nothing of note - nothing at all from DH!!!  Overall, not a good first married Christmas  (we're supposed to upgrade cell phones for each other, but it hasn't worked out so far, so he did nothing)

Big plans for New Years? BIL's wedding.  all of my IL's are here for the wedding, so I'm stuck with them all week. 

What is your New Years Resolution??  I need to get my sh*t together again; exercising, budgeting, keeping the house cleaner, being a better wife and friend.  In general, just getting myself out of this rut I'm in.
  • edited December 2011
    -- I got a really unique Alice in Wonderland shadowbox that my future brother-in-law had commissioned on  etsy (way to go, FBIL!)

Big plans for New Years? 
    -- no plans, but we are going to Melting Pot sometime this week, yay!

-- stop procrastinating and start being more organized
  • ericcaahericcaah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you got presents, what was your favorite? My aunt got me a locket necklace with a picture of my daddy in it (he passed away when I was young) for me to put on my bouquet for the wedding. It was one of the most thoughtful gifts I've ever received!

Big plans for New Years? We're going into Boston to see Dane Cook at the Garden on NYE and are staying in town, then are going to the the Bruins/Flyers Winter Classic Hockey Game at Fenway Park!! Woo!!

What is your New Years Resolution?? The same thing it is EVERY year... lose weight and get my butt to the gym.
    Anniversary
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    edited December 2011

My sewing machine...FI spoiled me this year

Big plans for New Years? 
    Not as of yet but My friends don't plan anything ahead of time

Don't have one yet
  • edited December 2011
    First things first...Erica - I am so JEALOUS of your Winter Classic tickets!  Hahahha
    If you got presents, what was your favorite?My mom paid for most of my ticket to Florence for our trip in April. I've known about it for awhile, but it was so nice to see the itinerary all printed up! I can't wait!!!
    Big plans for New Years? None yet, but the week is still young ;)
    What is your New Years Resolution??Lose weight so I can look fabulous in my wedding dress and in a bathing suit on our honeymoon!
  • EDK2010EDK2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI got me Hockey Skates! I am really excited to use them! I feel more Canadian now!

Big plans for New Years?
    Going to our friends place for a low-key night with a bunch of other couples.

Same as every year....get my butt to the gym more!
    TTC #1 Since July 2011
    BFP #1 2/28/12- 3/3/12 CP at 4w3d
    BFP #2 4/1/12- 5/7/12 Missed M/C at 8w4d (measuring 6w3d)
    TTC on hold until December
  • edited December 2011
    Mel, what a bum DH is, he didnt get you anything? Not even a ornament or something? 

If you got presents, what was your favorite? DH spoiled me! But my new coach bag is probably my fave! And my new golf shoes. 

Big plans for New Years? We cant seem to figure out what we are going to do, either low key dinner with a friend from out of town, OR a friends house party... we shall see. 

What is your New Years Resolution?? To not spend money on stupid things! DH and I seem to do this often. Also, to do more things with my friends. I miss them! 
  • edited December 2011
    Bunch of things: "I love Monkey" - a Children's book, my ornaments (including my tiny shoes from my knot elf and a pregnancy ornament from my aunt). I always enjoy the giving more than getting - I got my mom "Cake Wrecks" the book and she LOVED it.

Big plans for New Years? We're suppose to visit a close friend in Maine, but I'm having trouble shaking this cold. So may end up on the couch.

What is your New Years Resolution?? More organized, more healthy foods and activities for me and Lobastah.
  • edited December 2011
    Best Gift: Camera from Dad (needed a new one) and the storybook/CD FI made as part of his gift :)

New Years Plans: party at my parents house

Resolution: Nah I never keep them so why bother!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Starfish724Starfish724 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you got presents, what was your favorite? FI got me the new Mario for Wii game and I'm in love with it. My Brother-in-law and I played it for almost all of Christmas day. Yes, him and I are both nerds apparentlyLaughing

Big plans for New Years? Nothing big- staying home with FI and our son. Eating chinese and watching movies. My sister and brother-in-law might come over.

What is your New Years Resolution? I don't do New Year's Resolutions. I actually do something called "101 Things To Do In 1001 Days" and that expiration date isn't until October 31, 2011. But I have a lot of things I want to check off on that list.
  • Shed452Shed452 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you got presents, what was your favorite? FI got me a gc to get my teeth whitened...something I have wanted for 3+ years and now that we are engaged he thought it would be perfect

Big plans for New Years? Bonfire at my Dad's, do it every year.

What is your New Years Resolution? Like most people get back into shape and get a routine down for working out.  It usually works for a few months, then I have to do a new summer resolution, etc. etc.
  • edited December 2011
    If you got presents, what was your favorite? It's kinda tacky, but having my brother around for Christmas with my FI and parents was the best present.  He made a toast to my FI and I's engagement (we haven't seen him since it happened) at the Christmas dinner table and it still makes me tear up.

Big plans for New Years? This year kinda stinks seems like no one is really in the spirit.  I may go to a good friend's house in NH or stay local and go to the FBIL's house to play poker

What is your New Years Resolution?? Not only to work out and look better in my dress (which I gotta say whoever thought up to make them smaller than your regular size is a jerk...but also to learn to relax and unwind more, maybe even meditate so that work stress and wedding stress don't ruin the next 9 months
  • ninnypooperninnypooper member
    edited December 2011
    If you got presents, what was your favorite? I didn't get too much this year, which I'm totally fine with...but DH got me a new scarf and matching mittens because I've seemed to have misplaced my favorite scarves, so I was super excited about that. My other favorite was probably all the frames my mother got me and to be funny, she put all pictures of me in them from a baby all the way to a pic from my Trash the Dress session with Kevin Jacobus. We all got a good laugh at most of the pictures!

Big plans for New Years? We were going to go to Boston for First Night (which we've done before) but DH didn't feel like driving down there, so I think we're going to have a low-key night with my old roommate/bm and her boyfriend. New Year's Day is DH's birthday, so we don't always do much on the Eve since we usually make plans for his b-day.

What is your New Years Resolution?? I don't usually make any, but then again it's always to loose weight. LoL. I'm also going to try and prove to my boss that I'm ready for more responsibility while my co-worker is on maternity leave so maybe I can keep some responsibilty when she comes back!
  • edited December 2011
    Probably the gift certificates for a haircut and a mani and a pedi from FIL's.  I got the cut yesterday and it was fabulous! (Don't worry Chica, it was really just a trim so we can still do the big chop after the weddings!)

Big plans for New Years?
    No big plans.  We've been discussing watching movies in our pj's and drinking champagne.

To run a half marathon.
    Anniversary Buying A Home
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards