New Jersey - South
Options

The Merion

I've seen a lot of posts about the Merion on here. I actually just came from looking there and LOVED it! I'm from central Jersey and originally was looking at places up North. I thought I was going to have to settle as the places I really liked, were out of our price range. I'm really glad I decided to check out the Merion as it really was everything we were looking for. My only concern is since they can do 4 weddings at a time, can you hear music from the other rooms?? That is a big concern and makes me a little hesitant. We are looking at the Empire Room or the Palazzo Room (I prefer the Palazzo). Any feedback would be great as we want to make a decision by the weekend!! Thanks so much!

Re: The Merion

• Options
    marianthebmariantheb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! Where in Central Jersey are you from? We are from Hamilton and we just got married at the Merion in November and it was amazing!!! No we did not hear any music from other rooms. In fact, two of our friends that went to our wedding booked both of their weddings this fall bc they loved the Merion so much!

image 280 image 241 image 31 image 10 Making Us Wait
    RSVP Deadline: 10/2
  • Options
    Wahoo217Wahoo217 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm in North Brunswick and The Merion is about an hour from us. I'm torn between going south to the Merion or North to the Venetian. Which room were you in? Glad to hear you had an amazing time! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey! I have not had my wedding yet but have heard a lot from ppl who had business meetings, weddings and social events there..from what they said you are pretty much secluded and you do not hear what's going on with other events or do you really see other events. I am getting married in The Empire in Sept and cannot wait!! I chose that location because it was more secluded then the rest of the ballrooms and has really cool features, like bar and chandeliers. The food is amazing too and the customer service is wonderful. 
    If you do choose them, you can go back really at any time to check it out so maybe you'll get to see what it's like when they are setting up. I know when I met with my florist, we met there and did like a walk around to talk about decorations and it was neat to get a "vision" of what it would look like.
    Anyway, good luck! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i think it depends on the time of year you're having your wedding. I was in a wedding there in may ( of 2008) and we definitely saw other weddings. DH actually had to stop our friends videographer from videotapig the placescards that were set up for another wedding ( not the worst thing in the world- but can you imagine if DH hadn't said something, and our friends got their wedding video back with somebody else's placecards in it?)
       also- we had our stuff in one of the upstairs brideal suites. During the wedding, the staff moved our stuff in to the other bridal suite, because they needed ours for another wedding. Not a HUGE deal... but just kind of unnerving to not have your stuff where you left it.
      the place is beautiful, and i remember the food being good... but its definitely a wedding factory, with a lot going on during the popular wedding months....
  • Options
    teacup0618teacup0618 member
    edited December 2011
    Ive been to a wedding at the Merion last year and everything was great. Couldnt hear anything from the other parties. Happy planning :)
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    marianthebmariantheb member
    edited December 2011
    I got married in the Skylight and we really didn't see any weddings; just maybe people in the lobby but that could be anywhere. Once we walked upstairs that was it. I am pretty sure we were the last wedding of the night so by the time we started arriving, the other weddings were already going on and had the doors closed

image 280 image 241 image 31 image 10 Making Us Wait
    RSVP Deadline: 10/2
  • Options
    cynnnabuncynnnabun member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married in Palazzo, and was a server at the Merion for a few years before that. I've never had an issue with hearing music from another party.

We had a prom in Skylight once, and the chandelier in Palace was moving because so many kids were jumping up and down upstairs. But that's the worst thing that ever happened when I worked there, and it was no big deal.

For my wedding in Palazzo, I didn't hear or see anyone else. You have that whole side of the building totally alone. I loved it.
    Chelsea; 7/22/2005 Carissa; 4/9/2011 Cassidy; 9/6/2012
    Angel Baby grew wings on 7/15/2011 at 7w. <3<br>

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just got married at The Merion last weekend. We had our ceremony in the Chapel and our reception in the Skylight. While we were the only wedding going on that night, there was another party in the Empire Ballroom right next to the Chapel. The hall was wonderful at making sure we were alone upstairs and once we were up there we never saw anyone again. While in the Chapel we heard NOTHING from the Empire room and even upstairs, when I was in the Bridal Suite I heard absolutely nothing from my own ballroom even though the DJ was going the whole time. I live in Staten Island and we actually chose the Merion because we couldn't afford the Venetian and I am SO glad we did because we have guests who have been to both halls and said our wedding blew the ones they went to at the Venetian away!
  • Options
    Wahoo217Wahoo217 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went back to both the Venetian and Merion yesterday and ended up booking the Merion! I actually liked it better than the Venetian (which i thought would never happen as I had my heart set on the Venetian for a long time). My fiance and I are so excited!! We just wish we didn't have to wait 1 year and 3 months now! Thanks for all you feedback!
  • Options
    TaraLeah3776TaraLeah3776 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_merion-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:128Discussion:e7ace435-b924-4e83-8a7e-beb004c17fd3Post:f7555910-a050-48a1-b50d-48d93b334374">Re: The Merion</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the feedback. I'm in North Brunswick and The Merion is about an hour from us. I'm torn between going south to the Merion or North to the Venetian. Which room were you in? Glad to hear you had an amazing time! 
    Posted by Wahoo217[/QUOTE]

We're in North Brunswick also :-)
    We were looking into the Merion but the 4 weddings at a time did throw me off also
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LisaLPharmDLisaLPharmD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married on Nov 6 and had my reception in the Palazzo Room. Even though there were other weddings going on, I never saw another one, and you couldn't hear any other music at all. I felt like we were the only ones in the place!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

230image 205image 22image 3image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I am getting married at the Merion next year and we are in the Skylight Ballroom (upstairs)--they are AMAZING and nothing compares to what we saw there. I have a little less than a year and I work with my coordinator through email. She's super nice (Stephanie) and I highly reccommend them. I grew up in Manalapan so I know what's up in Central Jersey--and nothing is worth it once we saw this place. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards