Illinois
Options

Reception Venues in Champaign-Urbana

Looking for a venue in the C-U area for 100 people +/-. Something pretty cost effective. It will be casual too.

Thanks!

Re: Reception Venues in Champaign-Urbana

• Options
    edsbedsb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I looked at quite a few reception places before I booked mine, here is a list of the ones I looked at.
    -Hawthorne Suites- ballroom for like 150
    -Hilton- smaller room on the lower level but they have some nice packages- main problem is you don't get the room except for 2 hours before your reception included, but you can pay 100/hr to get it early.
    -Holiday Inn- i think it's mostly a large banquet room but it can be subdivided
    -Stone Creek- nice smaller banquet room, looks over the golf course
    -Terminal Building- there are a few rooms that can be divided and you get your choice of caterers so it may be pretty inexpensive
    Orpheum museum- I saw it at a bridal show but I don't know much about it
    There are a bunch of sites around campus that can be rented such as alice campbell, follinger, memorial stadium, etc..
    Illini Union- only when school is not in session. I'm using the Union Ballroom so if you have any questions about any of the university sites I might be able to help
    Regent ballroom- savoy, il-

That's all the sites I can think of right now- I know a lot of the other hotels have banquet rooms. Hope that helps! I

• Options
    illinisueillinisue member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!
  • Options
    sarah523sarah523 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm having my reception at Stone Creek on 10/9/10. Their banquet room is just about the perfect size for 90-120 people, and so far the staff have been really friendly and helpful. Happy with my decision so far!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You might also check out Laborers Union Hall in Urbana.  Pretty laid back and cheaper than most listed on here so far.
  • Options
    illinisueillinisue member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Does the Laborers Union Hall have a website or is it best to call? Do you happen to know pricing? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards