Florida-Central Florida
Options

To wedding planner or not to wedding planner....

Is it worth getting a wedding planner?

Re: To wedding planner or not to wedding planner....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't have a full planner - I had fun doing all of the planning myself - but I would absolutely recommend hiring a Day of Coordinator. Different DOCs have different levels of service that they provide but I think they are indispensable in the execution of the wedding day itself. You don't want to be running around checking flowers and vendors and place settings that day and you don't want any of your friends or family to have to do it either -- y'all should just enjoy the day and leave the work to somebody else :)
    That's Mrs.skWhitneyAmanda to you!

You're my true love, my whole heart ♥ ♥ ♥ <-- Married Bio <br>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes yes yes - having a DOC is SUCH an investment in your sanity and enjoyment. A few of us had to really work to convince FI that it was worth the money, but with some strings pulled by VERY awesome people, I got him to meet with Ashlie Hampton, and the second we got in the car after meeting her, he said he was sure she would bring value to the day and it would definitely be worth it to hire her. FTW! So if someone as stodgy about it as my FI can be convinced, it's gotta be worthwhile!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pp- 100% my DOC was the best investment of my wedding, hands down!
  • Options
    adarlingztaadarlingzta member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1000% yes. there is nothing left to say that these girls haven't already said. 
  • Options
    jln555jln555 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You guys are awesome thank you! You never really know if it's worth the extra expense you know...Pretty Parula... So you really recommend Ashlie Hampton?? What are an average of her costs? About What would I be looking at just so I can semi prepare the FI?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely worth it to at least have a Day of Coordinator, but I hired a full planner and it has been worth every penny so far!  Her name is Kristy Rapp, 407-461-6494, she's been really helpful with recommending vendors & helping with budget, ideas, etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I really really strongly recommend Ashlie, but of course I am biased. ;) I believe her fees went up after we hired her, so you'd need to give her a call. From what I can tell she's comparable to most of the coordinators in the area worth their salt - and she's just phenomenal. There are some exorbitantly priced ones around, but I don't think that's necessary. ALSO! One of our former Knotties, Charisma Moran, is getting her coordination business going, and she's fab, too! I don't remember her phone number but I'm sure someone here has it!

Average cost, you're probably looking at $700+ -this isn't to say there aren't less expensive DOCs out there, but you need to make sure you click with them just like you do with any of your other vendors, so to me it's not about spending the right amount of money, it's about finding the right person for the job. (I know, easy to say when we've already paid for it and don't have to write any more checks, but you know what I mean.)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was skeptical of the idea too but my mom convinced me and I am so glad I have a DOC!
    I am using Kristy Rapp (Like LRL) but I have her as a DOC. She was very reasonably priced (I think we are paying her $450) and has done so much for me. She meets with you at least 3 times before the wedding and has checklists and forms and stuff to make sure you are doing everything and if you need help with vendor recs or whatever she is there to help. I recently realized I needed to rent chairs for my venue and she is getting me a price quote. I just met with her last week and we went over the floor plan (she is sending me a sketch of the layout on her computer program this week!) and other tasks that needed to be done and talked about the chairs etc. And she has a lot of products that you can borrow, like a bird cage for gift cards or envelopes, a stand for a big picture, canisters if you want to do a candy/cookie bar etc. She is fabulous and really well organized!!!! But you have to make sure you mesh well with the person.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I recommend Ashlie, too!  She is amazing!  She was also the DOC for my sister's wedding and my family loved her.
  • Options
    BeHe2BeHe2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used this thing called the "Day of the Wedding" Pocketbook Planner http://www.Plan-of-Action.com

It worked just as well as a real wedding planner and it only cost me $12.95.

Def couldn't hurt...
  • Options
    naani1326naani1326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I agree its a MUST to get a planner. I was a mess and now i feel soooo much better. I suggest Alore Event Firm, Anna is AWESOME! I booked her two months after trying to break my head over planning and i wish i did it before. www.eventsbyalore.com

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Ashlie for almost full wedding services! We love her and she is some of the best money spent!  trust me she will keep you on tract, she has amazing ideas to help your wedding come together to what you want and it is like planning with a great friend. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards