New Jersey - South
Options

DIY calligrapher vs. printed labels

I am looking for opinions on DIY calligrapher (I have very nice/neat handwriting and think I could pull it off) or should I go with printed labels?? Thanks in advance!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: DIY calligrapher vs. printed labels

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I know a lot of people dont like them, but I used a nice font printed on clear labels.  I printed the return address (for response card), inner and outer envelope address and it was so quick and easy!
  • Options
    rol769rol769 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I, too, used a nice font on clear labels and they looked really nice. 
  • Options
    Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I used clear labels in a fancy script font for my return address on the back flaps of the envelopes, but I printed the names and addresses of guests directly on the front of the envelope using a fancy script font (French Script MT).  They look just fine, Etiquette Police be damned!  You really dont need a calligrapher in this day and age.

FYI, you can usually order your address pre-printed on the RSVP envelopes from the place/website from which you order invitaitons.  That's what I did.
  • Options
    smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm printing directly on the envelope. I just finished printing on the rsvp envelopes and I'm starting the main envelopes this week. Looks much more professional than labels IMO.
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    lmparlettlmparlett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I printed directly on the envelope too, and they looked really great.  I actually used the same script font that was on my invites, so it worked really well!
    Photobucket Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com Anniversary
  • Options
    Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FSIL did her own calligraphy and she said it was really easy. FI already has this light box which is borrowed and she would print out the addresses and put the envelope on top and so she just basically traced the address. She also got a fountain pen which was calligraphy-like and she said that made it sooo easy.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did clear labels with a nice font... screw the etiquette police... 

i did however hand write all of the inner envelopes..
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Married My Best Friend on 9/17/2010
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you have the time and patience, but my opinion (and others of the recently wed), it's just an invitation, no one is going to care like you do. Printing on labels or the envelope is just fine for me!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards