New Jersey

Transportation: If you didn't use a limo, what did you use?

I have PLENTY of time to go but still like to get ideas.
My girlfriend is getting married this weekend and told me some limo places wanted around $1,000+ for just 3hrs. Which made me think, we would only need a limo for TOPS an hour and half possibly 2 and wondered if there are other options. For those of you who didn't use a limo, couldn't afford one, didn't want one, etc. what did you use to get from point A to B?

Re: Transportation: If you didn't use a limo, what did you use?

• Our hotel provides a free shuttle (its a 25 person party bus) for the guests, so we are having them take us and the BP a couple of hours earlier since that is where we will be getting ready, and our ceremony is at our venue.  Its an extra fee (around $200) but still cheaper than a limo.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're getting married at the reception site.  The hotel where we'll be getting ready and staying the night is right down the road, so we'll drive ourselves.
  • We hired a party bus which was $1000 including tax and tip for 4 hours.

If driving yourselves isn't an option, you might want to consider calling limo places and get quotes for your date, but do NOT tell them it is for a wedding.  I got one limo place to admit that they charge more for weddings, on the basis of including red carpet arrival, champagne in the limo and a tuxedoed driver. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• In Response to <a href="http://northjersey.weddings.com/Sites/weddings/Pages/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_transportation-if-you-didnt-use-a-limo-what-did-you-use?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:741a7d40-d3a7-4074-835c-e9f3f7908156Post:d844596f-523f-42ee-8aac-d3f56ae128f8">Re: Transportation: If you didn't use a limo, what did you use?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're getting married at the reception site.  The hotel where we'll be getting ready and staying the night is right down the road, so we'll drive ourselves.
    Posted by JoanE2012[/QUOTE]

This!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    205 invited image
    160 are ready to party image
    45 are missing out image
    0 can't find their mailbox image
    RSVP Deadline: October 1, 2012
  • my first wedding - i had a friend drive me in his fathers antique/historical convertible
  • Honestly, I looked for places that would do fewer hours, but most won't. If you really just need to get from point a to point b, you could rent a town car to literally drive you from one spot to the other, as they would for, say, an airport limo service. But if you want multiple stops and/or want them for 2 hours, I'm sorry to say you're probably looking at a 3 hour package.
  • Liatris2010 - did you have a big bridal party of just a MOH? If you also had bridesmaids, did they drive themselves? I thought of everyone drive themselves, but sure if I like that idea or not. I like having everyone together, but I also hate the huge fee of a limo and only for a couple hours.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards