Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Bora Bora Cost?

Just wondering what a 10 day trip to Bora Bora would cost... just a ballpark.  Is 10 days enough time?  

Re: Bora Bora Cost?

• Options
    Depends on the hotel, the room category, what/how much you eat/drink, when you go. I think $10-15k is a fair range, though you can certainly spend more. I think most people will recommend splitting your stay with Moorea or somewhere else. 10 days all in BB seems like too much.
    Photobucket Vacation Vacation
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Agree with girl. What time of year you travel, what resorts you choose to stay in, and how far in advance you book will all play a factor. The average trip in low season will be around $10K. high season is typically much more. I've been quite a few times and all of my trips were priced out at $10K or above except for my trip to Moorea only because I was able to save on interisland airfare and only stayed 6 nights.

Figure:
    Flights from LAX to Tahiti: $1200/person or more
    interisland flights: $600/person
    OWB: a minimum of $800/night
    Food and activities for 10 nights: at least $2000

• Options
    I agree with PP, don't spend 10 days just on Bora Bora...explore the other islands there.  There are a few live aboard ships that sail through the society islands and offer dive trips and a lot of fun excursions.  I would check those out.  Depending on where you stay and how lavish you are you're looking at $10-30k for 10 days.
  • Options
    Our honeymoon averaged $1k/night offseason for main flights, interisland flights and hotels.  Most meals, excurions and shopping (pearls!) were extra.  It was crazy expensive but worth every penny if you can afford it.  We had a dedicated honeymoon fund that we pooled money into every paycheck.  We cannot wait to go back someday.
  • Options
    I don't think we'd spend 10 days in Bora Bora. We'd definitely look to spend a few days there but are open to other options.
  • Options
    My favorites, which of course are a personal opinion, include Le Taha'a Private Island, the Hilton Moorea, the Tikehau Pearl, and the Kia Ora Rangiroa. On Bora Bora, there are so many resorts and each has it's own mark, so I typically don't recommend a specific resort there until I know what type of experience you want. Also, every island is unique and brings a different experience to the table, so which islands you choose will depend on what type of experience you want and, of course, budget :)

• Options
    AmJam04AmJam04 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2013
    I'm looking at doing something similar.
    You can look on costco travel for a good idea of pre-arranged trips with varying levels of luxury.

We're currently looking at a 6 night package on two islands (one garden view w/ private pool, one over water bungalow) with breakfast/dinner included, all airfare and transportation included, for about $8500 in high season (July).

We talked to a travel agent re: a 10 day trip with pretty amazing luxury hotels (st. regis being one of them), and we were looking at about $14k not including any food or excursions...

But, like others have said, it really depends on what level of luxury you want, excursions you want to take, and how much food/drinks you'll consume.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards