Wisconsin
Options

outdoor wedding ceremony and reception site near Milwaukee area

We are looking for the perfect outdoor ceremony and reception site. We would like something that is beautiful, surrounded by nature.  The problem is we are on a tight budget. Does anyone know of some good places?

Re: outdoor wedding ceremony and reception site near Milwaukee area

• Options
    jberg134jberg134 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lot's of people us South Shore Park in Milwaukee.  It can be affordable if you don't want the buidling for too many hours.  You provide your own catering, so you have lots of choices there.  :)
    September 2011 Siggy Challange: Honeymoon!
    image 145 Made the cut!
    image 59 Are ready to celebrate! image 23 Are missing out! image 65 Don't know the meaning of RSVP!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are willing to go north a bit, check out the Grafton River Dells.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree - check the parks,they are very cheap
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How about the Mitchell Park Domes. I don't know how cheap or expensive it is, but it's worth to take a look at. I was there for the "Music under Glass" and I enjoyed exploring the three show domes that are filled with plants and trees.
    It's my first time there since they remodeled and it looks so much better, espeically for a wedding.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    AmyJ1213AmyJ1213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Trimborn Farm is in Greendale - 15 minutes from downtown and 1 mile from Boerner Botanical Gardens.  You rent the entire property, very inexpensive and absolutely adorable.  If it rains, they have a giant barn you can go in.  It is a perfect site for a cute rustic wedding.
  • Options
    linevethurmanlinevethurman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hubbard Park lodge right on the Milwaukee River does outdoor ceremonies (with back up indoor space) for $150. The rental fee for the lodge is $500 and the minimum for food/drink on a sunday is $3000. So for everything...$3,650 not bad to be in Milwaukee with nature all around and security in case of weather. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards