Flowers
Options

Sunflowers for an August wedding need advice!

So I am getting married August 19th. When I started my wedding planning I really wanted sunflowers. Oh! ( btw) my wedding colors are white, navy blue, silver. My mother was not too crazy about the idea and just told me to have an open mind about flowers. Now after thinking about my mother is starting to warm up to the idea of sunflowers. I am worried that my wedding will be over run with giant sunflowers. I am considering changing it to dasies. Please help me! I am so lost when it comes to flowers. Thanks! 

Re: Sunflowers for an August wedding need advice!

• Options
    PeavyPeavy member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I love sunflowers!  To me they say summer, and they look fabulous with navy blue.  Plus, they are inexpensive and you only need a few to make a big impact.

I do think, however, if you are going for more of a formal, elegant feel, then sunflowers are probably not appropriate.  They are a casual, rustic flower.
  • Options
    One of my themes in rustic. lol I'm not sure if this wedding is coming together like I thought it would. I think it is turning into more of a formal wedding even though thats not what I want. :/ oh well. Thank you for your advice! 
  • Options
    I think sunflowers are great (btw, you can get them in bulk from Costco for reasonable prices).

If your theme is rustic, they will fit right in. If you are afraid of them over-running the reception or bouquets, you could mix them with plain white daisies, or baby's breath, or both. That is rustic, but toned down on the sunflowers.
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the advice! My family loves costco. I've heard it is cheaper to  buy from a department store than to buy from a professional. 
  • Options
    Don't forget that sunflowers also come in a miniature variety so if you don't want your entire wedding run over by huge sunflowers look into the mini variety!

• Options
    My daughter is also doing sunflowers. She's having a barn reception but we are going with an elegant look. Her colors are royal blue and sunflowers. We are going to throw in a pop of blue in the accents and mix her sunflowers with daisy's and bachelor buttons and maybe a few ferns. Sunflowers can be both elegant or rustic....or in our hopes...both. Good luck with your planning.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards