North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

November Wedding Weather

My fiance and I are looking at Jenette's Pier and he really wants to have the ceremony outside. Do you think it would be took cold in late November for a 20 minute ceremony? Anyone done this before?

Re: November Wedding Weather

• Options
    Hi. I just had my reception there November 3, two days after a hurricane and it was gorgeous! 60 degrees.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_november-wedding-weather?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:4f8b1d4d-d6a2-4827-9f64-d18688152d84Post:d7ee9bb3-a2a5-49f2-b6fc-795e63b8104a">November Wedding Weather</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance and I are looking at Jenette's Pier and he really wants to have the ceremony outside. Do you think it would be took cold in<strong> late November</strong> for a 20 minute ceremony? Anyone done this before?
    Posted by chornsby11[/QUOTE]

Late November is going to be pretty cold, and especially windy on the OBX.  Warm days are a very rare thing in Nov.  Even if it's only a 20min long ceremony, keep in mind that your guests will arrive as early as an hour ahead of time, so that is going to be pretty cold for them.  Is there something sentimental about late November?  What about late October?

• Options
    I'm a coach and November is the earliest due to my schedule. Would love to make it happen sooner but it just won't really work out. Thanks for the advice though.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_november-wedding-weather?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:4f8b1d4d-d6a2-4827-9f64-d18688152d84Post:4bc29536-7428-47b8-b636-9e24db083cf9">Re: November Wedding Weather</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to November Wedding Weather : Late November is going to be pretty cold, and especially windy on the OBX.  Warm days are a very rare thing in Nov.  Even if it's only a 20min long ceremony, keep in mind that your guests will arrive as early as an hour ahead of time, so that is going to be pretty cold for them.  Is there something sentimental about late November?  What about late October?
    Posted by OBX2011[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    Is there an area where your guests could wait inside before the ceremony and then find their seats right before it starts? Just an idea. For some reason all of our guests congregated together chatting before the wedding. I actually had to send my bridesmaids down 5 minutes after starting time to tell them all to sit so we could start, lol. Just tell all your guests to bring their coats or wraps, and keep the ceremony short. I think you should be fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards