40-Plus Brides
Options

I'm a newbie too

Hi ladies, my name is Carla and my fiance and I got engaged the day after Thanksgiving - I am 45 and he is 38, we've been together for a year and a half and we have 3 dogs that keep us busy!

Super excited to be married to him and trying to get my head around planning a wedding. I am very laid back about it all! Maybe to a fault - I need to pick a place and date asap, I know I know

Anyway, I'll be a-lurkin around here and maybe venting and maybe chiming in here and there!

happy 2012 to everyone!

Re: I'm a newbie too

• Options
    Welcome, and congratulations on your engagement!  And I'm a big fan of a laid-back approach to weddings.  So long as you end up legally married at the end, the details really don't matter.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations and welcome.  I am definitely in to laid back!  We are eloping to Maui, just the 2 of us.  Can't get much more laid back than that.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    Chiming in congratulations.  I'm a 47 yr old newlywed!  Got married in August and could not be happier.  We had a very laid back outdoor wedding in Monterey followed by dinner at a local Italian restaurant.   Friends and family, love, good food, and tasty cake!  What more could you ask for?  Seriously don't sweat the tiny details...in the end they're forgotten.
  • Options
    Welcome to the board.  Happy wedding planning and, oh, we love furbabies here. 

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards