Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Hotels in Boston for ceremony/reception

Hello!

We're planning our wedding, hopefully in Boston, due to many of our guests being from out of town. We're only planning on having 50-70 guests, with a budget of around $10k for the ceremony/reception.

Any good ideas? My fiance and I are into the modern look.

Thanks!

Re: Hotels in Boston for ceremony/reception

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I had mine at the Mandarin Oriental. They have a couple of rooms that would work well for a smaller ceremony/reception. I loved working with them and the hotel has a very modern Asian look.

You should also check out Seaport, Colonnade, and Liberty. They also have more of a modern feel to them. DH and I also looked at Copley Fairmont and Taj, but I feel like they are more traditional.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice! I'll check out the Seaport and Colonnade. I'm also looking into the Sheraton Boston (I heard they are doing a $20 mil renovation right now), and Hilton Back Bay. It's hard to remember who offers what and who doesn't! I'm also trying to be to aware of room rates since guests will have to pay for that themselves.

• Options
    megandjaymegandjay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Seaport Lighthouse room is great for a smaller wedding.

You might have some issues with minimums at some of the larger hotel ballrooms.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We booked our reception at the Hilton Back Bay (for Sept. 2012) - the price is very reasonable for in Boston!  Also, so far I have loved working with Jocelyn (the catering manager).

Good luck!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We chose the Sheraton and they offer all of the luxurious amenities that the W does (chiviari chairs and 15 colors of linens are included in package) The prices were PHENOMENAL, and Lisa Blades and Cory Hanson have been awesome to work with.
    They are just finishing up a huge renovation in their ballrooms. It is the NICEST sheraton I have ever been to- right down town, and it is attached to the prudential but still secluded enough that it doesn't feel like it is IN the prudential.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards