Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Fun Jobs for kids

Recently engaged and my FH and I are going to have a small wedding with a bigger reception.  We are also not having a bridal party.  I have 4 nieces and a nephew between the two of us and I want them to have a unique job in the wedding or reception.  Any ideas?
Ages are 11 to ....we do not want them to stand up with us, but need other ideas.  Thanks
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Fun Jobs for kids

• Options
    edited July 2012
    If they are younger and are up for it, they could RB/FG; I don't know if that is out too or if you just don't want BMs and GMs. Otherwise, like Stage said, just have them as guests.

Having said that, how small is the small ceremony? You want to be careful to not make it tiered. It's fine to have a truly intimate ceremony of just immediate family--something very small--and then a larger reception. But if you start inviting nieces, nephews, , cousins, uncles, etc., it becomes tiered. I would scale back the people invited to the ceremony to make it truly intimate, or just invite the whole guest list to both.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    they could pass out programs, be ushers, show guests where the guest book is, show guests where to put gifts or be the flowergirl and ring bearers....
    Visit The Knot! White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 217 Invited...
    image 166 Got their boots on!
    image 49 Missin' out.
    image 2 are makin' us mailbox stalk!
    RSVP Date: September 1
  • Options
    We had a butterfly release and they the kids loved it!!!!

• Options
    If you're doing the blowing bubble thing, you could give them those hand held automatic bubble blowers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards