Colorado

Crystal Rose on Lookout Mountain - reviews?

Hello to the Colorado Community

I am new on here (first post to this board). My name is Amanda and I am getting married 5.20.2011!

I have been trying to find places to have our ceremony and reception (1 location) and I ran across the Crystal Rose on Lookout Mountain. I am pretty excited about this venue because of all they include in the wedding package. The package basically covers everything but Photographer, Officiant, Cake, and Florist, and it’s in my budget!

I am excited about this and wanted to see if anyone on this board is familiar with the Crystal Rose or if anyone has heard (good or bad) reviews.

Any help is much appreciated!!!!

Thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Crystal Rose on Lookout Mountain - reviews?

• HutchHHutchH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sister had her reception at Crystal Rose in 2003. Overall I was very impressed. Good food, nice views and good outdoor space. My sister had about 175 guest and it was crowded, so if your party is above that I would keep looking. The only other caution I would keep in mind is location - its a little secluded and elderly guests might have a hard time driving the windy road to and from Golden afterward.
  • lindsaylindsay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can always check out reviews on http://Weddingwire.com/CrystalRose or on ourweddingday.com! I have not photographed a wedding there though. 

Good Luck! 
    Lindsay J. C. Lack - Wedding Photojournalist
  • elizabetha27elizabetha27 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a contract with them for my wedding in July. I was impressed by the complete package as well. I'll let you know how it goes!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lyssabethslyssabeths member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am a wedding officiant and have performed many ceremonies at Crystal Rose. I've always been impressed with the organization and professionalism of their staff. I think you'll be very happy if you choose them.

Maureen Thomson
    Lyssabeth's Colorado Wedding Officiants
  • anilemoanilemo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the great feedback!

@ elizabetha27  I would love to hear about your wedding/see pictures after! Have you enjoyed the planning process with them thus far? Who is your consultant?! Catherine is helping with our wedding and so far i absolutely love her! She is great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • elizabetha27elizabetha27 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Crystal Rose is actually going to open a venue down in Co Springs, which is where FI and I live, so we are thinking of transfering it down here. It all depends on if they can have it done on time. ::stress:: We'll see. I'll keep you posted.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • anilemoanilemo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thats cool =] ill keep my fingers crossed for you!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am also considering the Crystal Rose on Lookout Mountain. We are going to look at it this weekend and I am excited to see it too because of the price. Our wedding date is April 30, 2011! Hopefully we will book a venue soon, I am getting nervous about it. 
  • edited December 2011
    Hello everybody!  I looked at that venue for my own wedding but went with Christy's of Genesee instead (basically across the highway) because I thought it was prettier.  But, I did photograph a wedding at that location and the park across the street was a fantastic place to photograph the wedding party and the bride and groom.  (there are pictures on my website if you want to look www.avant-photo.com). 

I would like to offer a bit of advice for anybody who gets married there:  watch how you stand for the ceremony!  I had the hardest time getting good shots of the ceremony because the couple faced into the gazebo and had the priest standing in the gazebo facing out.  It was really hard to get all the important parts of the ceremony and would have been missed if we didn't have two photographers.  Please think about that before you walk out there so you don't miss the important photos!

Good luck to you all!  The wedding was lots of fun (aside from the one issue). The guy running it knew what he was doing and the wedding went very smooth.  The food was good, the music was upbeat, and everybody had tons of fun!

Best wishes to you all!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards