Military Brides
Options

Could use some MB back-up

over on NEY. 

We have a gf who wants to know if she can book her venue now but is worried about hurting her dad by asking him for $ before getting engaged.  She is not engaged yet, but they plan to get married at the courthouse this summer.  Then, they plan to get engaged and tell their parents.  Finally, they plan to have their "real wedding" next June. 

We are big meannie heads for not approving of her actions.

Not Engaged Yet, But Booking the Venue?

Re: Could use some MB back-up

• Options
    edited December 2011

Drama, drama, drama.

• Options
    Kimburrr Kimburrr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    honesty is always always better than lying or keeping that kind of secret.

I dont understand why anyone would want to keep such a happy thing secret!
    If she would like my advice I say get engaged, announce it.. get married at the courthouse and just to be honest with everyone, and if they'd like have their wedding later. Also, i think you should be engaged before picking a venue- if youre not engaged then why plan? Idk just my thoughts

good luck :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If we are all reading the same one (and perhaps we are not) but the one I read never said anything about a courthouse/secret marriage. She did wonder if she could book a venue before getting an e-ring or being ''formally'' engaged since both she and her fiance are going active duty and are unsure about timing right now. I personally see nothing wrong with that as I am getting married in a couple of months, have most of hte planning done and no plans to get an e-ring or ''formally'' announce an engagement. It is about doing what is right for you and your situation, not everything is black and white.

I am curious as to which post you were referring. Could you please link?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I guess I never saw the second page of the thread.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    asdfsf
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow.  That's a lot to keep track of.  I can't even plan a wedding let alone a secret proposal-secret wedding-real proposal-real wedding!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did that and honestly I regreted it. My dad and mom where heartbroken and wanted nothing to do with the actual wedding ceremony and recpetion. (unfortunatly we were divorced before we got the actual wedding planned)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards