Second Weddings
Options

NWR - Thoughts Please

Ladies you are all such wonderful and supportive women. 

I haven't been around as much, been busy getting things done for my FDSD's induction into the National Honors Society and getting college applications completed.  Her biological mom hasn't even sent her a congatulatory email or card - but that is not for this post.

The reason for this post is we are having to go to FIL's sooner than anticipated for the Thanksgiving holiday. My FFIL has severe COPD and is in his final days and we want to see him while he is still somewhat aware and we want support my FMIL. 

Our wedding is still a go as of this post, my FI and I know his dad would not want to be the cause of our delaying our long over due wedding.  Although we will be talking with my FMIL about it as honoring her wishes as well.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts, good vibes and such...

Re: NWR - Thoughts Please

• Options
    Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Are you asking if you should delay wedding Angie or move it up?  Sorry, I'm not getting what the question is.  I believe (not knowing the man involved) that as a parent, he would not want you to start scrapping your plans.

I wish my dad would have been alive for our wedding this past July.  While planning it, I kept thinking "oh dad would really enjoy this that and the other thing."  If he had not been taken with a heart attack, by July he would have been at the very end stages of his cancer (if still alive).  I don't know what concessions I would have made.  I do know that he would have wanted things to go as planned.
  • Options
    MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Marrin, I lost my dad nine years ago... so I know what it's like to miss a parent during these special times and any time really.  My dad had cancer as well.

No real question here.  Just wanted to let you ladies know what is going on with our lives at this moment and that I won't be around much next week.

I'm hoping that my FMIL feels the same about not postponing our wedding, she seems to be handling the final days of her husband's life very well.
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    (((HUGS))))  I am so sorry to hear what you and your FI are going through.  I will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers.  I am glad, though, that you are able to be with FI and FMIL when they're in the depths of such stress and sorrow.  I am sending good vibes your way ...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sending good thoughts and prayers your way. It must be a very difficult time with so much going on.
  • Options
    kimp67kimp67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So sorry.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So sorry to hear about your troubles Angie! {{{HUGS}}}

I'm sure you will be a great comfort to your future in-laws family. You seem to be a very caring and supportive person.

And congrats on the National Honor Society.........that's a really special honor in recognition of years well spent. I've been there with the college admission process for my son 5 years ago, then grad school a year ago, ugh, it is truly tough. FYI, I recently read that incoming freshmen should apply to at least 8 colleges, but then, that adds more work, LOL. Also, try to apply to local state schools that have a history of giving out full scholarships, vs the "well known" state schools. My son applied to Wayne State University, a great college but not University of Michigan or Michigan State University (Big 10 schools). He was accepted at all of them, and others, but Wayne State gave him a full ride for 4 years. He's in grad school now, debt free from his 4 yr experience, ahead of other kids financially.

Good luck with the next several weeks. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Options
    Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry Angie.  I read "thoughts please" and I thought you were asking for advice.  Of course; my thoughts and prayers are with you at this time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sending thoughts and prayers to you and your family during this time...I am positive your FMIL will appreciate you being there sooner to support her if/when she needs it.

{{{{Hugs}}}}

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Angie,  So sorry that your going through such a difficult time.  There's not much more that I can say that other pp haven't already so elequantly said.  Please know that you, your FI and his family are in our thoughts and prayers. 

I lost my father to colon cancer when I was 19 and my mother in 1997, both were in my heart on my wedding day.  I hope that everything will be able to go on as scheduled.  I think it's wonderful that you are able to spend time with FI's family and his father at this difficult time and hopefully, everyone will realize that your wedding will be a much needed happy gathering for the family after such a difficult time. 

Last but, not least.  Congratulations on the National Honor Society, how wonderful.  Best of luck to your FDSD's bright future :)

Erin
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    melissamc2melissamc2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hope everything goes as well as possible for all of you and that your holidays are wonderful.  It sounds as if you are all thinking things through and acting as reasonably and responsibly as possible, taking everyone into consideration.  That's the very best you can do.

Take care and all the best.

(Oh, and you have a PM)
    10-10-10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards