Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Anyone using a Wedding Planner?

Is anyone out there in Des Moines using a Wedding Planner? If so, who? Do you like them?
I'm leaning towards using a Wedding Planner but haven't decided yet. I just know I'm get stressed out and stuff if I try to organize all the different vendors. I would just prefer to kind of tell someone else the ideas I'm thinking and have them get them for me!
My Mom lives 2 1/2 hours away, so I've contemplated making her my wedding planner, but that's probably not going to be very easy for her either.
I just thought I'd see if anyone in Des Moines is using a wedding planner and how they like the experience.
OH - and I do not know when or where my wedding is yet!
Thanks!

Re: Anyone using a Wedding Planner?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Cynthia Betts from Special Elegant Events. She also does decorating and flowers, thats how we found out about her was through her doing our flowers. Our wedding is in July so I can let you know how everything goes that day (Shes doing the day of coordinating for us) but so far she has been awesome! She is always great at answering my millions of questions and helping me with ideas and best thing is, she is fantastic at working with your budget :)  I would definitely recommend her even though we haven't seen her on the day of yet
  • Options
    abja45abja45 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used more of a wedding designer/planner- Maya Boettcher.  She was recommended to us by 2 different people and it was the best wedding decision we made (aside from marring each other).  She not only saved us money in the long run (more bang for your buck with someone that is in the business) but she was a great neutral party during the planning process- which kept stress levels low between my mom and me. I really could go on and on about how she made our wedding day amazing- check her out for yourself- www.boettcherdesignandcolor.com/">www.boettcherdesignandcolor.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards