Nebraska-Omaha

Re: R

• HyVee is probably your best bet for catering. Check other grocery stores too or some local restaurants too.

As for location I think you might be better off having an early reception or on an off day like a Friday. They tend to be cheaper. My best friend had her reception at the Firemans Union Hall off of 60th and I-80 and I don't remember the exact price but it was pretty inexpensive.

• Our reception venue is Regency Lake and Tennis Club.  It allows outside catering and is $650.  We are getting our catering done for $6.50/person for a taco bar by Jonesys Taco.  I know someone having a pasta bar by Sgt Pfeffers for $6/person as well.  
    :)AJ Pregnancy Ticker
  • If you need a big space for cheap, we're going with Round the Bend Steakhouse. It's outside of Omaha, but it's only $800, and generally the night before won't be rented so you can decorate ahead of time. Its capacity is 450, So there's a lot of space to work with. We're actually doing an outdoor ceremony about 5 miles from there, so it's our back up ceremony place if the weather is bad.
    http://www.roundthebendsteakhouse.com/rtbs/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4&Itemid=6  
    The pictures aren't great on the website.

I'm doing Sullivan's Catering out of Malcolm, NE (going small town makes everything cheaper). We're doing a buffet style. Choice of 2 entrees, one potato, two vegetables, and a salad. $7.25 per person plus 6.5% tax. My sister used her and it was delicious. I'm vegetarian and she made a veggie lasagna for me. I don't think she charged for travel since it was fairly close to Malcolm. She might for Omaha, but it might be worth it for those prices. 402-450-9706. The owner is Carlene Sullivan.
  • edited July 2013
  • Bellevue Berry Farm might be under $1,000.
  • Bellevue Berry Farm doesn't allow outside catering.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards