Maine

guestbook

Does anyone have any good ideas for a guestbook besides the traditional guestbook?!!  I think I want to do something a little different!

Re: guestbook

• edited December 2011
    I made a photo book of our engagement photos using Shutterfly. We had people sign it yearbook style, and we left lots of empty space. It worked out really well!

You could also give people pieces of paper to write well wishes, and have them put them in a pretty container or tie them onto tree branches in a vase.

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    OH i'm sooo glad i clicked on this post!  i loooooove that photo book idea!  i'm sooo doing that!!! i had been trying to think about something different, but hadn't put much time into it!  i looove this!!  it's added to the TO DO list!
  • edited December 2011
    Cute idea with the photobook!  I'd like to do something different as well so please share your ideas as you come up with them.  :)
    Married 9.4.11
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting a free guestbook from our photographer of our engagement session (similar to minimin), but I also wanted to do something more unique in addition to so we are also going to do a canvas of a tree and we will have 3 different inkpad colors so our guests can make a fingerprint on the tree, in the end all of the fingerprints will make up the leaves of the tree.  The canvas is going to be a DIY project for me (I don't want to spend the $250 on etsy for it) and we will frame it and hang it in our house after the wedding.  Picture below of the idea.

Also,  My MOH is using a clear glass cylinder and river rocks.  All the guests will write their names on the river rocks and put them in the cylinder. She plans on using it as a centerpiece in her home.

I have also seen a good amount of people who do the plate or picture matte and put the matte around one of their wedding photos they hang in their home.

Also, some people do the photobooth as thier guestbook.  They take thier pictures with one of those instant poloroid cameras and then stick it in a guestbook and write a note beside it.

There really are a ton of things you can do! Can't wait to hear what you decide!
  • rcfjddrcfjdd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

That is what I am doing. For my bridal shower I got a picture frame that you have a picture in the middle and then people write on the outside of it. It looks great. Also one of my friends did this for her wedding and she loved it everyone thought it was such a great idea. But her wedding was at the Holiday Inn and they put the frame outside of the banquet room and there were some other guests that were staying in the hotel that were not part of the wedding that tried to write stuff on it! So Im gonna take the marker away after everyone is done signing it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

My FI and I never miss a Lewiston Maineiacs hockey game, so we got the team's hockey jersey and had our last name on the back of it, along with the number 11 since we are getting married in 2011! We will have it on a table for our guests to "autograph."

• schadbourneschadbourne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

i planning on either doing the matte signing or the fingerprint tree

(my fiance is a photographer and love the matte signing and I am a painter so i love the hand drawn tree idea)

we might end up doing both...who knows

• edited December 2011
    I thought about do the river rocks, but I don't think the stones will leave enough room.  Another thought of mine is to use a coffee-table book (a subject like Maine Painters or Lighthouses) for guests to sign in.
    August 28th, HERE I COME!
  • edited December 2011
    we had a "wish bowl" - I knew I didn't want a traditional guest book, and I knew I wouldn't hang a signature mat - I didn't trust our "friends" to not write something dumb.  Tongue out
    We had a glass bowl/vase and a framed poem that instructed guests to write their wishes for us or their advice on decorated index cards.  (they also sell complete kits in wedding catalogs) The sad part is that we still haven't even looked at them...(8+ months later)  but, when we do, they'll go in an album with all our RSVP cards and the notes we asked guests to write on those. 

From each of your experiences

Comes a very treasured gift,

A priceless piece of knowledge

That we did not know exists.

Please share with us your wisdom

About marriage, love and life

How to be a devoted, loving husband

Or the perfect, caring wife.

Please write your thoughts and gestures,

To share with us for life,

For the greatest gift of all

Is the gift of your advice.

• jena.n.rossjena.n.ross member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did the matte signing the first time around, then hung it with wedding pictures in it (multi photo frame).  I loved it.  

This time: I left the front of our RSVP post cards blank, and asked guests to fill out the front with memories, advice, artwork, etc.  I'll use it to start a guest book.  Then even if people can't make it, we can still have their presence in our book.  Then, at the wedding, we're setting up a photobooth (a la this site).  I've just purchased the printers (waiting for them to arrive), but it's supposed to print two strips of 4 pictures on each 4x6 photo.  Half will go home with the guest on a magnet, half will go into our book, for them to add a message to.

Here's the favor card:

Business cards from Vistaprint.com.  The bottom section (white) is our wedding "logo" and date, that part will be cut off and pre-attached to each photo strip magnet.  Then the magnet and the top of the card will be wrapped with an embossed napkin (my next big DIY project), and placed at each seat.  I still need to buy the magnet strips. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

**Current VistaPrint Groupon - $17 gets you $70(good 'til 11/8)**

**New project in the works: Follow my Twitter for more Groupon (etc) deals!**

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bio ~ A Bride's Guide to VistaPrint * www.vistaprint-goddess.weebly.com

"In my book you're a VistaPrint goddess" --Hannah

Photobucket

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards