Indiana-Indianapolis

Own caterer??

Does anyone know downtown or north side indianapolis reception halls or spaces that allows you to bring your own caterer? We are inviting around 400! Eeks

Re: Own caterer??

• a. In the same boat. So far online I think mill top banquet hall in noblesville does and the forum center in fishers. Only place downtown that I've found only fits max 180 and that's the arch by mass ave. if u hear of a place pass it along!
  • I had mine at The Indiana War Memorial. I don't know if they can hold that many, but they allow you to bring your own food in.
  • Sorry if you've already found somewhere, but I just joined (actually to answer this post). So this is a few weeks late. :)

My fiance and I are getting married next year at the Historic Ambassador House & Heritage Gardens in Fishers. Besides its proximity to our home and the fact it's a simple but pretty space that is not another reception hall, one major draw was the ability to bring in our own catering and not be stuck with another beef or chicken overpriced meal.

Your wedding party is pretty big for the space (parking for 150ish, but there's a school just up the road you could park at and transport folks between). But the house and gardens are adjacent to a fairly open park, so you might be able to make it work and at least there will be some breathing room beyond the party. I believe the coordinator said they've had weddings up to 450, but she said 80-100 is ideal (we're looking at about 120-150). Also, you can't have a live band, and there's some limits on sound, since it's nestled near a residential neighborhood. But it's a pretty space and relatively laid back.

Caveat: Scheduling a tour and signing a contract took some patience (it's a non-profit run by volunteers), but we're booked now. :)
  • Fishers Banquet Center
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards