Connecticut
Options

Rant - Rude people at Comfort Inn!

I just have to rant - I've called the Comfort Inn near my wedding venue 3 times now, telling them that I'd like to book a block of rooms for our wedding in June. Every time I call, they say "you need to call back when Kathy is here - she manages the blocks of rooms." I'm like ok, fine....so I call this morning, as I was told that Kathy works Monday mornings, and Kathy is actually the one who answers the phone. I tell her that I was told to call her about booking a block of rooms, and she says (in the rudest tone possible) "I'll have to take your information down and have someone from sales call you back." Ahhhh! Frustrating. I'm calling you people to give you my business! Since when is that an inconvenience? The thing that really gets me is the tone of voice every time I call - it seems like everyone at Comfort Inn is annoyed and/or too busy for me.

Normally in this case I would take my business to another hotel, but Comfort Inn has the best reviews of any hotels in the area, and all the other affordable hotels in that area seem shady. Not a great way to start my Monday. Blah!
Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!

Re: Rant - Rude people at Comfort Inn!

• Options
    Ugh, sorry to hear that! I can't stand attitudes like that. It's like "do you want my money or not?!" Hopefully you just caught them on a couple of bad days. You said they did get the best reviews, so I wouldn't stress too much. 
    imageMoo Moo Kitten is resting... Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We had problems with the Comfort Inn near us too (though that was pricing problems, not people). It sucks when a company acts like they don't want your business. Maybe when you finally talk to someone you can get a lower block price or a free room for all your troubles?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Can you call their corporate office and complain? You are trying to give them business and they are giving you attitude in return. That sucks and is just wrong. I would call corporate and maybe they will comp you some rooms that you can give to friends/family you know are on a tight budget.
  • Options
    Ugh, I'm worried about this too.  Do people also set up blocks of rooms at multiple hotel for example to give people different price ranges?  Also, if your venue is far from fun stuff to do, should the hotel be close to the venue, or close to other things?  I'm looking at the Village at Boulder Ridge, and the nearest hotels are the airport or in Avon, both about 30 minutes away from the venue.  Avon is a good town to stay in, but more pricey...the airport area I image is pretty boring. 
    Lisa
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I booked blocks of rooms at 2 hotels- the hotel where my wedding is (expensive) and the nearby Comfort Inn (more affordable). Clearly the more expensive option is worth the price if customer service is important to you...but I wanted my guests to have a cheaper option, as some of them probably don't care how fancy the hotel is, they just want a room nearby so they don't have to drive home late at night. In my opinion, I'd rather have the hotel be close to the venue than other area attractions, because I think most people book a room to avoid driving far after the wedding. I feel like a hotel near the venue would be best, and then maybe you can provide your guests with some info about the fun stuff to do in the area, so they will know what their options are.
  • Options
    That sucks to have to deal with.  Hope you can talk to the sales team and it will all work out.
  • Options
    I ended up getting a call back from this "Kathy" character, who apparently handles all of the room blocks, but didn't have the time or patience to talk with me the first time I got her on the phone. Anyways - she booked a block for me, 10 rooms, and she was pretty miserable about it on the phone, but whatever. I just need an affordable option for my guests so I blocked the 10 rooms. My mom keeps telling me to stop stressing about the hotel rooms - she says "you are already wining-and-dining these people, you need to realize that they can find their own rooms!" but I just want to make sure everyone has a good time, and a budget-friendly option for overnight accomodations. And I also want to make sure I get a block of room at a fixed price, because my wedding is so close to 4th of July, and is on the shoreline - so I fear that hotel prices will start to rise as the wedding appraoches. Blocking rooms allows me to control the cost for my guests so that's why I'm so obsessed with it!

I just PRAY that the rest of the staff at Comfort Inn is not as rude as Kathy :)

As the wedding approaches, I may put a call in to management just to "check in" on how many rooms are left in the block - and also to verify that they haven't gone and changed any prices on me, and at that point I think I will express my disappointment with my initial phone conversation. Maybe they'll comp a few rooms for me, or at the very least, they'll have the complaint on record so that future brides might have a more pleasant experience.
  • Options
    I bet I have rooms at the same Comfort Inn and have had issues as well...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards