African American Weddings
Options

CHECKS!!!

Sooo I had already picked out my dress about a month ago, but today was the day that my mom and a close family friend actually got to see me in MY DRESS... So we go to the bridal salon and of course my mother saw the pics, but they just didnt do justice compared to in person.. My mom had another dress she saw that made her cry and of course I was expecting the same reaction with my dress..(it's soo amazing..lol).. So the door opens and they are peaking around the corner and they just stare....NO WORDS OR ANYTHING.. I am like.... ummm ok, aren't you gonna say ANYTHING.. our family friend of course says... THAT IS SOO BEAUTIFUL AND YOU LOOK GORGEOUS... soo I love that reaction, but I am waiting for my mom to say something, cry yell shout or something...(not her norm at all).. It literally took 5 minutes of her staring at me... STILL NO WORDS.. just hand over mouth.. She finally said.. THAT IS SOO BEAUTIFUL.. but that was it... nothing else, so I didnt know if she was just saying it because I love it so much or what...  We go out into the salon and I am sitting there while I have my daughter try on a possible BM dress... STILL.. nothing..... I finally say what is wrong, what is going on.. we are all asking her this... she finally says...I AM SPEECHLESS.. You look soo beautiful.. THAT MADE MY DAY!!!!!  The salon owner asks her if this is what she pictured me wearing.. and she said ABSOLUTELY...

Sooooo... i know a long story,.sorry.. But I put the deposit on my dress and I AM SOOO HAPPY..

Then after my daughter tries on dress after dress... I FOUND THE ONE.. THE BM DRESS for ALL three of them to wear... I am soooo happy that is done... Laughing
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: CHECKS!!!

• Options
    AWWWW great  checks
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    Awesome Checks and I love ur moms reaction thats priceless
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_checks-91?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:c88531e2-8c59-40e5-95ff-fefda1009a46Post:f1c9d053-589d-4245-90ad-ab3c8d16fb12">Re: CHECKS!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Awesome Checks and <strong>I love ur moms reaction thats priceless
    </strong>Posted by essienakya33[/QUOTE]

She definitely had me nervous.. Im a grown woman, but deep down I STILL wanted my mom to LOVE it too
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    AWWWW!!! Sounds like it made quite the impression! i'm glad you BOTH love it! did you ever end up trying on the one she wanted you to?

Great check! waiting for the follow up check when it's P.A.I.D.!!!!!!!!!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Yes. I did and she did say my dress blows that dress out the water
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to Re:CHECKS!!!:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CHECKS!!!:Awesome Checks and I love ur moms reaction thats pricelessPosted by essienakya33She definitely had me nervous.. Im a grown woman, but deep down I STILL wanted my mom to LOVE it too Posted by nursing2u[/QUOTE]

I understand. My mother went with me when I was dress hunting. I wanted her to like it too. Congrats! I think no matter how old you get you still want her stamp of approval on somethings.
    **I am getting married to Mr. Wonderful on 11/3/2012**
  • Options
    Awwww!!! So happy for you!!! Your mom had the right reaction!! Speechless bc your dress is fabulous!!
    click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary
  • Options
    Great checks ! How about moms reaction..that is something !
    imageimage May2013 October Siggy:Honeymoon:Putna Cana http://1badwedding.weebly.com/
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_checks-91?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:c88531e2-8c59-40e5-95ff-fefda1009a46Post:202793f0-30ed-4e1f-b0b8-fdd77633f076">Re:CHECKS!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Awwww!!! So happy for you!!! Your mom had the right reaction!! <strong>Speechless bc your dress is fabulous!!
    </strong>Posted by CreoleBride30[/QUOTE]

THANKS CHA!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_checks-91?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:c88531e2-8c59-40e5-95ff-fefda1009a46Post:3438e708-28b6-42f6-8548-3c5824feadcf">Re:CHECKS!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Great checks ! How about moms reaction..that is something !
    Posted by msbdumas[/QUOTE]

YEAH.. but It really made me nervous.. It made me wonder was she not saying anything because she didnt want to hurt my feelings.. u know.. and then she said.. "when I didnt like the other dresses, didnt I say something.. Stop trying to read me.." all I could say was "yes".. and left it alone..lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oooo girl you had me on the edge of my seat! I'm glad she loved it.
    145 Invited image
    65 Cannot wait to party! image
    1 Saving me money! image
    80 Looking for the mailbox image
  • Options
    Aww! I'm sooo Happy for you girl! glad she loved it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards