Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

When to send out invites?

Opinions please! TK's checklist indicates I should send out invites at the 3 month mark. Does this mean 3 months from my "please rsvp by" date, or 3 months from the wedding date? Thanks!

Re: When to send out invites?

• Options
    It means before the wedding date, but personally I think that three months is too early.  Normally invitations are sent about eight weeks before the date.
  • Options
    I have always been told & have seen with invites I've received that they should go out 2 months before the wedding. When they go out may also be affected by things like food tastings (if you need dinner choices on your RSVPs) or when your caterer needs a final count (so you can make sure you have time to get them back by that date). Three months seems too far out from the wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We did 10 weeks before the wedding because we had some international guests and we needed a headcount 3 weeks before so we could do table arrangements and know how many centerpieces we needed.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    mrsmtothekmrsmtothek member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2012
    We are having guests RSVP by January 18th, about a month before our February 16th wedding for vendor counts and to allow us a week for any stragglers. Would this change when to send them out? I'm guessing this date is a little earlier than most usual RSVP by dates.
  • Options
    No, with your RSVP January 18, I've typically read that you send them out one month before your RSVP date. It might be a bit weird sending them right before Christmas, so maybe you could send them 5 weeks before your RSVP date (to avoid getting lost in the Christmas cards)...that's probably what I would do!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Wedding invitations should be sent 6 - 8 weeks before the wedding.  The knot is wrong.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_when-to-send-out-invites-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:413e9668-d3d0-4cd1-9ebc-c341a46881f5Post:45d35883-6d3f-4964-ba62-0a968ba21783">Re: When to send out invites?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are having guests RSVP by January 18th, about a month before our February 16th wedding for vendor counts and to allow us a week for any stragglers. Would this change when to send them out? I'm guessing this date is a little earlier than most usual RSVP by dates.
    Posted by mckemowse[/QUOTE]

You should send them early-mid December, just because of the holidays with people possibly being busy or out of town. 4 weeks is plenty of time to respond, especially if you send save-the-dates or people are otherwise aware they will be invited.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!! I'm thinking of sending them out around December 8th. Hopefully that way I'll avoid any holiday hustle!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards