Getting in Shape
Options

New to the board :)

Hi, ladies!

I've been lurking for a while, but I'm making the move to get serious about losing weight. I've been making excuses for myself all year - oh, I'm in grad school, I'm working so open on top of it - all of which are total crap. But I'm done, graduated, and have no more excuses!

As a grad gift to myself I got a set of Jillian Michaels DVDs and a set of weights,which I am impatiently waiting for from Amazon. My goal is to exercise 6 days a week - 3 days of 30DS and 1 day each of the other DVDs I got. I'm hoping to lose 26.5 pounds by mid-November, so that I'm at my goal weight in time to order my wedding gown (I have a lot of time until I get married, thankfully!). That puts me at about a pound a week.

My biggest problem is always snacking. I'm SUCH a snacker. I'm hoping that really committing to MyFitnessPal will help curb that for me. If anyone wants to add me, my username is xxstardust!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

Re: New to the board :)

• Options
    Snack away! but with fiber heavy snacks that will fill you up without the calories...carrots, apples, strawberries, blueberries, celery, broccoli....

I lost 35lbs several years ago and had a huge issue with snacking, I got stuck in a holding pattern with about 25lbs left to go until I learned this trick!

If you don't snack you'll eat more at meals.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am also new to this board! I've posted a little bit on a couple other boards, but first time here.
    My wedding is August 25th and about a month ago I made a promise to myself to lose about 15 lbs before the wedding, give or take. So I started Weight Watchers, began walking during my lunch breaks and fitting in a Jillian Michaels DVD or elliptical session in at home when I can.

For the extra boost, I also joined a "Biggest Loser" competition at work that goes right up until 3 days before the wedding. Winner will get about $400 cash! Great honeymoon money!

So far, I've lost about 6 lbs since April 23. (yay for small progress!)

But I think this board will help me when I get stuck and need a little bit of motivation. I look forward to talking to everyone! :)
  • Options
    LizzyRBLizzyRB member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    Congrats on trying to be healthier ladies! Love hearing that :)

For me, it was more about what I ate that working out. I had to stop eating things for a while like burgers because there was just no way I was going to burn that amount of calories off by exercising. Now that I am where I want to be I can eat those burgers again. So much easier to maintain that I would have ever thought!

Good luck!
  • Options
    I'm a huge snacker. 
    I just changed my snacks to cucumber slices, carrots, pistachios, etc. 
    It's easier than you think... THe first couple weeks are a challenge, but your bod stops craving the bad stuff when you stop giving it the bad stuff. 
  • Options

firstimer, I agree, it's so much easier once you get past those first couple weeks. I had one semi-bad day a week or so ago. Number 1- what I ate didnt even taste good (and it was greasy pizza! something I used to love) and number 2- I physically felt awful after I ate it.

It made me realize how bad eating some of those things is for your body and made it easier to get back on track.

• Options
    haha so true jmrup. 
    I used to be a chips and redbull addict.. Haven't touched either in idk how long and had as sip of redbull a couple weeks ago. To my amusement I thought it tasted AWFUL! It was like my body completely changed how that used to taste to me because I stopped eating/drinking that kinda crap. 
  • Options
    I'm a snacker too...MFP has opened my eyes to all the junk I've been consuming. I will add you :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_new-to-the-board-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:54bd0d09-3b47-48db-b655-b514fe5c0bb5Post:778910a4-6c7c-4ade-9618-73324cec041b">Re: New to the board :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Snack away! but with fiber heavy snacks that will fill you up without the calories...carrots, apples, strawberries, blueberries, celery, broccoli.... I lost 35lbs several years ago and had a huge issue with snacking, I got stuck in a holding pattern with about 25lbs left to go until I learned this trick! If you don't snack you'll eat more at meals.
    Posted by kimandjosh22[/QUOTE]

Good tip!
  • Options
    Hey I'm new to the board as well, about two weeks ago I had my weight lost at 20 ponds n then I went on vacation and got engaged. Now everyday since has been hard to get back into working out, I gained 7 pounds on vacation! Tomorrow since it's late lol I'm gonna start to get back into it. I'm gonna start doing my wii fit n p90x everyday! I'm a snacker too so this is still hard for me, which is why I have healthy snacks on hand. I have two years to lose 30 pounds n I know we can both do it because really this is the wedding, the most important day, n alll about you n your man. So relax n let the weight fall off, it'll come off as long as you keep at it. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards