June 2013 Weddings
Options

Short Dresses

So as soom of you know I'm going dress shopping in a couple of months.  My FI and my wedding is simple and a little casual (he is wearing a suit with no jacket).  

I have always loved tea length dresses... but now I'm not sure.  What do you ladies think of short dresses for weddings?

Re: Short Dresses

• Options
    I think if that's what you like, go for it! It'd be a fun (and different since most brides tend toward the long gowns) way to really express your style and personality. Also, you could really showcase an awesome shoe w/ a shorter dress :)

Good luck shopping! 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I went to a wedding this fall, it was a more laid back casual wedding and the bride wore a tea length dress. It was just as beautiful as a long dress and she did rock some awesome shoes. Plus, you can dance a lot more easily in that style of dress.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I think you should get whichever dress you feel more comfortable in (short or long).  Try on a variety of styles and see which one you like the best.  If it's short, go for it.  If it's long, go for it. :)
  • Options
    I think you're fine with shorter dresses, and they would match the casual feel too.  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Tea length is a great choice especially for a late spring/summer wedding. I know I am considering it. And it would make sense if the groom is going to be wearing a suit without the jacket to wear something a little more simple.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks ladies.  I guess I keep second guessing myself but hey I haven't even tried on a dress yet so who knows!!

• Options
    I'm dying to try on short dresses!  I think it's a good opportunity show off an awesome shoe, and on top of them, I really like how my legs look, LOL!  Another reason I'm making sure to try on short stuff is that I'm pretty petite (4'9") and I know that I will drown in a long dress with lots of ruffles or tiers, so going shorter may give me the opportunity to incorporate some of those options without looking overtaken by the dress.
  • Options
    You could also check out dresses that are 2 in 1. I know I found 1 on david's bridals website (http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Two-In-One-Sweetheart-Strapless-Organza-Gown-KP3265) that is a full length dress but there is a way to change it into a short dress for the reception.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That's what I did for mine because I'm really short! I got my dress a few weeks back, and I'm so in love with it! Check it out!:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards