August 2013 Weddings
Options

6 months from today! And a bacon bar??

6 months from today is my wedding! Couldn't be more excited! Most of the major stuff is done. Major stuff left to get done is have engagement photos taken and order STDs, ordering the rest of the kilt tux for my FI, order the cake and figure out the flowers and bar for the reception. I am going to make my own flowers, I just need to find out where I can order them from since my wedding is up in the mountains and I live in Denver. Kind of far away. I know what I want all the flowers to look like, so it's just a matter of finding out where I can order flowers in bulk.
We officially ordered my wedding set! I'm so excited! I don't have an engagement ring yet, it's a long story but I'll tell if you're interested!
I made my FI watch the show Four Weddings on TLC. Big mistake. One of the girls on the show had a bacon bar and he has just gone mental over this! He has like a one track mind about having a bacon bar! My argument is...everyone will get so greasy and bloated and gassy! Not my idea of romantic! I love bacon, I really do, but a whole bar dedicated to different types of bacon? Should I cave? Lol

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: 6 months from today! And a bacon bar??

• Options
    What is a bacon bar??? I think that sounds awesome whatever it is!!

I have nothing to do at work and would love to hear your engagement ring story if your willing to tell it

Congrats on hitting the 6 month mark, that is exciting!
  • Options

A bacon bar sounds like it could be very good or very bad? haha

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March siggy:THE DRESS
    photo practically_perfect_2_zpsb1ba38c6.jpg
  • Options
    A bacon bar sounds awesome! I'd do it :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker August 2013 March Siggy Challenge: The Dress! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Oh man my FI would LOVE a bacon bar. Maybe you could do it for a late night snack, and pair it with mini waffles or something...
  • Options
    Dude, I LOVE bacon. That sounds awesome. How would they DO a bacon bar, though? Is it bacon + foods that pair with bacon (mashed potatoes, eggs, waffles, chocolate)? Or is it different kinds of bacon (regular, hickory smoked, maple, lamb, etc)?

I may have spent too much time just pondering this.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

• Options
    It was all different kinds of bacon. Jalapeño bacon, maple bacon, hickory bacon...all kinds of craziness. Nothing but bacon. It was during the cocktail hour and people just loved it. Actually that girl ended up winning on the show. I love bacon, I am just having horrible visions of greasy hands all over my dress. And like I said...all the greasy, bloated gassy people doesn't really say elegant reception to me. But he's pushing hard for it. Maybe we can compromise and have it at the rehearsal. My ring is story starts with we've been together for 5 years. And since about year 2 we were talking about marriage. By year 3 we had a binder we were just shoving ideas into. But I was in school, not working and we only had one income. So we soldiered on. We've been living together since the night we met basically too. Year 4 I had surgery and was out of work for awhile. This past summer I finally was recovered and working. And we kept saying "next summer we'll get married!" So then we just decided. I didn't need a ring to be engaged or start planning my wedding. Plus, the ring is a gift. I didn't want to pressure him into giving me a ring. So we picked out a date and hit the ground running. We decided on August 3rd, 2013 in November 2012. We didn't want to wait any longer. So we just went for it. My wedding set has now been ordered. Although we went with a moissanite center stone. We try to really ethical and to us buying a diamond right now just didn't seem ethical. Plus I like to think that my ring came from space! Lol (I know it's lab created but it's derived from something that came from space!) so that's my ring story. Lol

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    To answer your question about flowers, you can order bulk flowers from samsclub either already made into arrangements or just as bunches of flowers and make your own arrangements. They suggest having the flowers delievered 2-3 days before the wedding and give specific instructions on how to store them. Check it out. I think Costco does it too
  • Options
    I WANT A BACON BAR!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards