Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Fairmont Copley + Kahootz, or Four Seasons + Hip Pocket orchestra?! Need to choose in the next day!

Does anyone have any suggestions re the following venues and bands? I have both of the below combinations on hold, but i need to decide by tomorrow or they will expire... My fiance really cares about the music, and the band's ability to get the crowd dancing, and I just want a worry-free, beautiful wedding :)

1)  Four Seasons Boston (Ballroom, Aujourd'hui Space for cocktail reception) // Hip Pocket Orchestra

2) Fairmont Copley Plaza (Oval Room, Venetian Room for cocktail reception) // Kahootz

Thank you SO much - any feedback is appreciated!

Re: Fairmont Copley + Kahootz, or Four Seasons + Hip Pocket orchestra?! Need to choose in the next day!

• Options
    I went to a wedding at the Four Seasons and the food was not very good. We both got steak and they were inedibly rare and the rest of the food was not very good either. Overall, it was not one of my favorite weddings, even if the food was good, it had a stuffy feel to it!
  • Options
    Thank you for letting me know! One of our biggest concerns about the Four Seasons was that it might feel stuffy and not welcoming to all of our guests. I'm leaning towards the Oval Room now... (Plus, Kahootz is supposed to be really fun, so added bonus!)
  • Options
    Just got engaged and haven't started wedding planning yet, so I've got nothing to add, but this thread did leave me with a question.  Are some bands only able to play at certain locations/venues?  Why are these hotels paired with these bands?
  • Options
    Congratulations!! No, bands aren't paired with vendors - the combinations above were what we came up with after calling all the good bands re their available dates for fall 2012, and matching them with the available dates at the venues we liked.

(Random note - the wedding coordinators at hotels were really helpful re which bands are best at getting people up and dancing, so I'd definitely ask them for their opinions!)
  • Options
    So what'd you decide?  We're looking at the Fairmon Copley tomorrow morning?
  • Options
    I had my wedding reception in the oval room at the Fairmont and Kahootz was our band this past June!  Hands down two of the best vendors I worked with.  Tracey Gavin at the Fairmont was our coordinator and she is beyond fantastic.  Kahootz was amazing as well!  I can't say enough about the band and how much fun everyone had.  They had people up and dancing before dinner was even served, I don't think that was intentional but they were just that good that everyone was so excited.

Hope you choose the Fairmont and Kahootz, you won't be sorry!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Thanks, everyone! I was really leaning towards the Fairmont Copley and Kahootz, but we ended up going with the Four Seasons - mainly, because of their amazing wedding coordinator, Philip... and the fact that our parents felt that the quality of the food/service was more of a sure thing. That said, the hotels and the bands were ALL highly recommended, so either way, it'll be a great wedding. (I hope!)

shimritpaley, what did you think of the Fairmont? have you put a hold on any places/bands yet? for anyone who's looking, the Fairmont and Kahootz on 10/6/2012 just opened up :)
  • Options
    We really like the Fairmont and have a hold for the 11/10/12, but have yet to make a decision.  Also looking at the Taj and some other places next week.  Anyone know anything about the Taj?
  • Options
    brugginkbruggink member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I looked at the Taj, too! Salvatore (the coordinator for weddings of 150+) is wonderful, and I have no doubt that he would be great to work with. He was so gracious to me, even calling me back after I told him we were not going with the Taj to thank me for my message.

The major downsides were that the service is sort of an unknown, as the company isn't that established here yet - and it apparently has a lot of turnover, so who you start working with may not be the eprson with whom you finish. The guest rooms are apparently pretty ancient and unimpressive.

But like I said, Salvatore was amazing. The ballroom is beautiful, the reception space is huge and private, and the prices are lower than the Fairmont and some of the other venues (and include more). Plus, they throw in a free, six-day honeymoon at one of around 10 Taj hotels/tresorts worldwide for the honeymoon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards