Indiana-Indianapolis

Dress Shopping

I am looking for suggestions of great dress shops with a wide range of prices and great customer service in the Indianapolis area.  Please let me know if you have been somewhere and had a wonderful experience :-) 

Thank you!
Cristina 

Re: Dress Shopping

• vicki0508vicki0508 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVED Sophia's Bridal in Greenwood, great prices, too.  I did not like the David's Bridal in Greenwood - but I think it depends on your consultant.

I've heard good things about Brides by Demetrios, too.

GL and have fun!
  • jennifera24jennifera24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Bliss Boutique in Brownsburg and have had a wonderful experience.  I have a few friends who got their gown there and highly recommended them.  I ended up ordering the 2nd dress I tried on!  I also ordered my bridesmaids dresses there too.  They are great!
  • edited December 2011
    Something Old, Something New in Pendelton is a great place to go.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_indiana-indianapolis_dress-shopping?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:611Discussion:acd395dd-5264-4340-bc31-a7020ab169e4Post:a48c23cd-bd28-40b5-9810-3d62078a8a52">Re: Dress Shopping</a>:
    [QUOTE]I LOVED Sophia's Bridal in Greenwood, great prices, too.  I did not like the David's Bridal in Greenwood - but I think it depends on your consultant. I've heard good things about Brides by Demetrios, too. GL and have fun!
    Posted by vicki0508[/QUOTE]

My MOH and I went to Brides by Demetrios to look around (I didn't get a gown there, but I probably would have if I could have afforded it).  It was an awesome experience.  The staff was extremely helpful and totally not pushy at all.  We walked in off the street and were free to browse at our leisure.

This was especially nice since the bridal shop we had gone to before was the DB in Castleton (I did have an appointment that time), and the consultant I had there was EXTREMELY pushy.  It didn't really put me in a relaxed mood.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I tried a place in Greenfield, however right before I went to buy the dress they went out of business. I tried the Davids Bridal in Castleton got the worst service, however nearly a year later I went back this time to the Davids Bridal in Greenwood and had the best consultant and she continues to be the biggest help at the store, I cannot say this about all the consultants, but its definitely a hit and miss in DB. I've also heard the Posie Patch has wonderful pricing and staff.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I went to Chiffon Bridal in Lafayette (it's a little bit of a drive), but I loved it. My consultant was the owner and she was wonderful! It was a great relaxing day, and I didn't even have an appointment. I just went with the intentions of looking around, and walked out having bought my gown.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I also had a great experience at Brides by Demetrios. They have a large selection and a very friendly staff. I ended up finding my dress out of town but ordered my BM dresses from Demetrios because of their great customer service.

My visit to Nancy's Bridal Boutique was quite different. My consultant was extremely rude. I went on a weeknight about an hour before they closed and she said I could try on three dresses. I still had 30 minutes when I was done with those three but she told me to make another appointment. Ridiculous! Even if I fell in love with a dress there, I would've looked for it elsewhere.
  • asdelfabroasdelfabro member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I third Sophia's Bridal! I had a fantastic experience there. My consultant was wonderful, patience, and helpful. I found a beautiful, unique dress my first trip there. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I absolutely love Demetrios in Castleton... I did get my dress there... I also got the MOB... and all Bridesmaid dresses there... I love their dresses but more than anything love their customer service!
    02.26.11 is the day I finally marry the love of my life...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards