Kentucky
Options

Thoroughbred Center/ Bell House

Hi, I am trying to pick a venue and I was hoping I could get some opinions on two places I am interested in. The first is the Bell house in Lexington. The second is the Thoroughbred center off Paris Pike. I want to have the ceremony and recetption whereever I choose and will have around 100-120 guests.

If anyone has used either of these places as venues can you please send me any information you have on them. Or if you know which one would be best with the number of guests we will be having that woudl be great!

I am also open to any venue ideas anyone has for a wedding and reception together in Lexington. I would like to keep the venue price to under $2000, not including catering and decorations.

Thanks so much for any advice/info anyone can send!!

Re: Thoroughbred Center/ Bell House

• Options
    edited December 2011

I was a bridesmaid last year in a wedding where the reception was held at the Thoroughbred Center. My friend said that it was great place, the people were pleasant to work with and that it was a very reasonably priced. She has suggested that I have my reception there more than once!

As I remember, the food was pretty good and the staff seemed friendly. She had about 120 people at her reception, and that made things in the main room a little tight when moving around to get drinks at the bar and such, but the room itself was very nice. There was a little space for the DJ, a dance floor, and for the buffet tables besides each of the guests tables.

I don't know much about the Bell House, the the pictures are gorgeous!

It wouldn't hurt to go and tour both places and get a feel for what each place can do for you! Good luck! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    abb623abb623 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you very much! I am visiting the places on April 15th so I can't wait! Our guest list is around that same amount, 120 so I might need to consider getting the runway also to accomodate everyone. Thank you very much for the input!

Have you seen other photos of the bell house other than on google? I was just wondering because I haven't found many and I am very interested in how a wedding looks there.

Well thanks again for your information! This is going to be hard to decide on, but so much fun!
  • Options
    amylynn314amylynn314 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have the thoroughbred center booked for my wedding and reception. Anytime I have talked to the girls that work there they are very nice. I'm using the "holding room" which is the bigger room in the back. I will probably invite around 200 people, but the holding room is big enough for 500 to be there. I'm hoping about 120 people come, and then there will be plenty of elbow room for them to dance, get a drink or whatever! I can't think of the exact amount I'm paying for it but it is a little over a thousand, but you get amost half of it back from the deposits. I think it's one of the best deals in town! I've never been to the bell house, but the decision is ultimately yours!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards