Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Small ceremony/reception ideas wanted!!!

Hi all. :D I'm new to the board- I just got engaged, yay!!

Anyways, my fiance and I would like a small (less than 50) wedding and reception, but still nice and classy, and we are shooting for May-June 2011. (kind of a crunch on time, I know!) We aren't looking for anything too cheap, but we of course don't want to spend all the year's morgage on it either. I would love something traditional, classy, maybe with a vintage flair. Any suggestions of places to look at?

So far I've looked at some local churches (any recommendations would be nice for those too) and also looked into the Manor House which is wonderful but might be out of our price range at the moment. We would also like everything to be indoors, because we all know how this Ohio weather can be weird, but something with a nice gardens for pictures in case there is good weather would be nice too.

Thanks!!

Re: Small ceremony/reception ideas wanted!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011

We are using the Manor House; however, one of my friends from school just had a beautiful 40 person wedding in downtown Cincinnati. I believed the rented out a small restaurant, but I could be wrong. Are you interested in downtown? If so, let me know and I will ask her where she had it Monday.
    Are you interested in an outdoor wedding or do you prefer indoors?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wiedemann Mansion in northern Kentucky.  Lovely old Victorian feel and can easily accomodate 50 without feeling too, too cozy.  And they're great to work with.  You could have your ceremony indoors or on their gorgeous veranda.  And it's very easily accessable to all the greater Cinicnnati area. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the responses so far :D

We are hoping for an indoor wedding- because lets face it, its Ohio in Spring! lol. I would be totally bummed if I got rained (or snowed!) out of my venue!

I am also looking into the prospect of a venue with both a ceremony site and reception together... but we have not decided if thats the way to go quite yet.

I'll have to check into the Wiedeman manson- it sounds cute!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    for your reception, if you like the idea of a restaurant, i suggest the chart house. it's on the river in newport.

i'm getting married in florida and we're having the reception at one of their restaurants down there. we went to the one in newport to try out the food and it was great. we also met the head chef and he was very nice. if their pricing is similar to the one i'm dealing with in florida, it's a good deal too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards