New York-Western

Ceremony and Reception Sites with a scenery (anywhere from Canandaigua to Buffalo NY)

Does anyone have any suggestions for a ceremony and reception site anywhere near the areas Canandaigua to Buffalo NY for summer 2012?  I really would like a lakefront view, but any place that has a gorgeous scenery will do.   I have been going back and forth with Steamboat Landing in Canandaigua and I am just very unhappy with them.  I went yesterday to choose a date and pick either the boat or the tent/patio.  The girl was very unprepared and did not have any pictures or samples to show me of what a wedding would look like.I feel like she could careless if she had our business. Anyways, the view at Steamboat Landing is something like what we are looking for.  If anyone has any ideas that would be great!! 

Re: Ceremony and Reception Sites with a scenery (anywhere from Canandaigua to Buffalo NY)

• edited December 2011
    My FI and I are getting married at Bristol Harbour in Canadaigua and I can't say enough about them.  I've been working with Sara Goff, and she's wonderful - very relaxed and responsible.  The club isn't exactly "lakefront" but has a beautiful lake view.  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The Inn on the Lake in Canandaigua has the same view as steamboat, but I was unimpressed with the coordinator I met. The New York Wine and Culinary Center (literally in the same parking lot as The Inn on the Lake) is building a banquet hall, which will be ready by next spring. Sonnenberg Gardens in Canandaigua has no lake view, but has spectacular formal gardens. Woodcliff Spa and Hotel has an amazing view at their ceremony location. It's right next to Eastview mall. I think it's in the town of Fairport. Beaver Hollow is on a private lake and is closer to Buffalo. I mainly looked from Canandaigua to Ithaca, so the rest of these may be too far for you, but are very scenic!
    Bristol Harbour- as PP said, great lake view!
    Bristol Views B&B- great price, super friendly people
    Esperanza Mansion-gorgeous ballroom and historic mansion (also has a boat!)
    Heron Hill- a tented site overlooking lake
    Glenora Wine Cellars- my venue, so in my opinion, the best of the bunch!
    Belhurst Castle-it's a castle, no need to say more!
    Geneva on the Lake-"european" elegance
    Ventosa Vineyards- wall-of-windows banquet hall
    Suzanne's Fine Regional Cuisine-restored barn

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AZMagnini14AZMagnini14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Templeton Landing and Harry's Harbour in Buffalo are gorgeous :)
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • edited December 2011
    also in buffalo - the harbor club (inside HSBC arena)

it's awesome and has HUGE windows that overlook the harbor...
  • carolburnettcarolburnett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    careylake.com

Great lake and great facility with fantastic gardens

www.careylake.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards